Football banquet

My child hood friend sterling shepherd wanted me to go with him to this banquet . Not just any banquet. A Football banquet where I don't know anybody but him.

Y/n: "I can't believe I'm doing this ", me and shep are by the entrance of the place ." I haven't dressed like this since prom".

We laughed

We laughed

Shep: "yeahhh and I don't want to re live it " he made a face at me then we walked in.

It's was beautiful here chandeliers everywhere

Everybody looked good

Shep: " just don't think about, go mingle you might meet somebody ", he smirked  and I wandered off.

I was just watching everybody conversing with each other across the room sitting at my empty table

"You must not be the party type ", a voice said .

I looked over and saw ODELL BECKHAM. I choked on my drink .

He patted my back " you good lil mama ", he asked still having his hands on my lower back

Lord he gave me chills

Y/n :" uhh.. y.y...yeahhh I'm fine thank you , you just caught me off guard ". I smiled a little.

He smiled at me . Stuck his hand out and I shook his
" I'm Odell Beckham "

I made a Really nigga face .

"Like I didn't know , but I'm y/n "

He stared at me for what felt like forever

"Nice to meet you "

" same here "

We chatted for about 20 minutes

" THATS WHAT I LIKE TO SEE MY TWO FAVORITE PEOPLE HITTING IT OFF ", shep wrapped his arms around our necks .

" you know her " Odell asked referring to me .

"Yeahh man this is childhood my best friend y/n"

"And current best friend " I pointed out .

"Well your best friend is hot "Odell said walking in front of me .

"Yo who you brung o"

He closed his eyes and held his head back

" khloe " he said kinda angrily

"Y'all still together it's been a year man "

I wasnt surprised he tried to get with me when has a woman .

" I'll be in the bathroom " I stormed off

Someone was following behind me and as I turned around it was Odell.

I rolled my eyes " how come you didn't tell me about her " I crossed my arms .

" because you didn't ask ", he said.

I turned around and tried to walk in the bathroom but he grabbed my arm

" I didn't want to ruin the moment " he was being genuine I could tell.

"I don't have time to play your games i don't know what you were gonna get from me but whatever it is your not getting it", I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not playing any games just trust me I'm telling y..", he was cut off.

" ohh there you are babe let's go" Khole said as she looked at me

" eww babe we don't talk to the lower class "

I mean mugged her

He yanked his arm away

" look Khole I have told you over and over again that we're not dating so stop making it seem like that you just use me for my money and fame just to get yourself to the top and don't talk about y/n that way she s a very beautiful spirited person so this is my last warning"

" whatever Eli was totally hitting on me earlier "
She wandered off

" elis married and his wife is here " Odell yelled

I laughed

" so you were telling the truth "

" I told you , so what happens after this "

" i dont know maybe you just have to stick around and find out ", I said reaching my hand out .