Positives

When the elevator door opens, I quickly jump out. I hated that thing. Cato looks a little sick from the elevator ride. Selina struts past me into a long hallway. There are four different doors along it.

"This way!" She leads us to a normal looking door this time. No fancy glass door.
I really hope it's a somewhat normal room. I'm not the classy type, I haven't adjusted to this Capital luxury lifestyle quite yet.

She opens the door and walks in first, slamming the door in my face again. But before it hits me, Cato puts his hand on the door, stopping it. I give Cato a little nod of appreciation and proceed into the room. There is a long black couch with red and white pillows greeting me first. There is shiny, dark wood flooring under my feet and a giant TV hanging on the wall over a burning fireplace.

"Wipe your feet, Dear." Selina points to a welcome mat in front of me. I ignore her and walk straight past it.

"That is mahogany floor!" She screeches and throws her hands up. I give her an evil smirk.

"Now, settle in, I will be right back!" She ensures us and walks out of the door.

I take off my shoes and step onto the black rug by the couch. I've never had carpet before. It's so soft. I drag my feet along the shag carpet like a child, fully in awe. I stop when I see Cato out of the corner of my eye, smiling like an idiot at me. I put my hands on my hips and cock my head towards him.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." I give him a snobby look then sit down on the couch. He comes over and sits next to me.

"What? Have you never seen carpet before?" He grins at me.

"As a matter of fact, I haven't. I don't live in the fanciest house in District 2." I say, putting my shoes back on. Cato actually does live in the fanciest house in 2. I guess it's because of his grandfather, Snow.

He doesn't answer.

"I'm ashamed of him." He whispers and hangs his head like a coward.

"Of who?" I ask.

"My grandfather."

"I would be to." I laugh a little and nudge his arm playfully.

"It's not funny. He is the one running these stupid games. He is the reason for all of the innocent little kid's deaths, brutal deaths. He makes us live in divided districts, caged up like animals."

I have never seen Cato so serious. I don't know how to respond. I just sit there and stare at my hands.

"I'm going to get some water." He says quietly and stands up.

I can't even imagine all of the pressure he's got, being the President's son and all. I guess I can't understand. But I don't want him to think I'm taking this lightly. I really do care about him.

"Cato." I say kind of loudly. I look over the couch and see him at the sink filling a cup up with water. He doesn't look at me.

"What?" He sounds tense as he watches the water pour.

"Just think of positives coming from all of this, in the Games. Got any? Because I know you know there are." I say kind of matter-of-factly. I know that he will answer. I don't know when, but he will. He stops the water and looks at me, a big ol' grin on his lips.

"He might send us extra sponsor parachutes. He might change the Game's rules if I talk to him. I could try to convince him that if we win I would tell-" he stops and realizes what he's saying.

"Tell what?" I ask humbly. He stutters.

"Tell everyone who I am. But Clove, you don't understand. He's been trying to get me to move to the Capital. If everyone find out, they will force me. And I would never see you again."

'Never see you again?' Those words burn into my brain.

"What about the Victory Tour after the Games?" I ask willingly.

"That still depends on if we win, and it might cause an outbreak of war if Snow declares there can be two victors." The hope in his eyes fades again. Now I got him thinking about the negatives. I see him close his eyes tightly and shake his head just a little, trying to force the horrible negative outcomes out of his mind.

~

Selina walks in with two crazily clothed Capital people.

"Cato, Chive, this is Red and Fefe! Your stylists, now, we must get you downstairs and cleaned up." She takes my arm rather tightly and pulls me out of the door. She is much more gentle with Cato. Fefe then leads me into the elevator. Cato tries to get in with me but Selina grabs his arm. As the elevator door closes, I watch Selina talking to Cato, but his eyes are still fixated on me. His mouth opens and his eyes stay locked to mine. He looks worried. I stare back at him until I descend to down in the elevator.

"Hi, I'm Fefe." The Capital woman sticks out her hand for a shake. Her voice is high-pitched but sweet. She is wearing a tight, black tank-top and a black mini-skirt with shiny, midnight-blue tulle sticking out from the bottom. She has a ton of necklaces around her skinny, fragile-looking neck and some piercings scattered across her face and ears. To top it off she's wearing black lipstick, white face paint, and eight inch tall platform boots. She looks gothic, but in a stylish way. I shake her hand.

"I'm Clove." I say has nicely as possible.

"I thought your name was Chive?" She asks, putting her hands on her hips. I roll my eyes.

"Selina hates me. She calls me Chive because she doesn't know how to be nice." I say mockingly, crossing my arms.