The Fitting

That night, I crawl into bed with Cato, his strong arms warp around me and make me feel safe. He whispers into my ear,

"I love you, Clover, I always have, I always will." I pretend that I'm asleep because I'm too tired to talk and get into a whole conversation.

    He tosses and turns all night, I barley sleep. Every time he turns over, he shakes the bed and it wakes me up. But eventually, I do fall asleep.

    When I wake up, Cato isn't in bed. I get up and get ready for the day. I put on black skinny jeans and a woodsy green tank top. I quickly brush my hair and my teeth then stumble down the hall way. Cato is sitting on the couch with Fefe and Peeta. No one notices me as I walk past the couch and sit in a chair. They're really lost in their conversation. They're talking about something like 'the fitting' or something. After a while of heavy chatting I interrupt.

"What are you talking about?" I ask, Fefe looks up. She has dark circles under her eyes just like Cato. Peeta looks healthy and well rested.

"Oh hey, Clove! We're just planning the wedding. Your dress fitting is today, Peeta is drawing out a cake design and Cato is picking out the ring today! By the way, what size ring do you wear?" Fefe ask.

"I already know." Cato says and points to my engagement ring. I hide my smile and nod.

"Wonderful! Now, my team is meeting us at Wedding Blessings in . . ." Fefe checks her dark purple watch.

"Now! Oh my goodness, we're late! Let's go, let's go!" Fefe yells and stands up and grabs my hand, tugging me to the door.

She pulls me right outside and I don't have a chance to grab my shoes, so I'm walking barefoot down the cement stairs and into a white limo. The same avox as yesterday is driving the car. Fefe and I sit in the back and make small talk.

When the car stops, we walk into a large silver and white building with big glass display cases. When we walk in, bursts of colors are everywhere. Blue wedding dresses, light green bridesmaid dresses, every kind of dress in every color. Fefe walks up to her team and I stop when something catches my eye. A very light pink colored wedding dress with sparkles and sequence. I walk over to it and stroke it's silky fabric. It's gorgeous, I've never seen anything so perfect. It's hard to believe that I'm getting married, at only the age of sixteen. But it's happening.

"Fefe!" I shout. Her and her team run over with their high heels clicking on the tile floor.

"This one." I say and pull it off the rack.

"Lovely choice! Go try it on!" She pushes me into the dressing room and I put it on, I fits perfectly. I struggle to zip up the back but I finally manage to. As soon as I open the door and walk out, Fefe and her team run up to me and flitter around with my dress.

"Fefe, Fefe!" I have to yell for her to notice me and stop messing with the dress. She looks up and gives her team a look and they back away.

"You look beautiful as always." She says sweetly and smiles. I don't believe her, I'll have to see it to believe it. I walk past them and over to the mirror. I can't believe it, I can't. I'm wearing a wedding dress. I'm getting married. It's all happening too fast. I'm still wearing the necklace Cato gave me. The dress and the necklace don't go together but I think I look perfect.

"Yes, this is the one." I say.