Game Time

"Cato, I died. I saw God. He welcomed me into his castle, but then the darkness came, and I came back." I say, with every word, my head feels like its being hit with a brick. Cato stares at me and smiles in amazement.

"Really?" He asks, I nod.

"This is remarkable. We thought you were gone. Well, I will have medicine for you before you go to the arena." The nurse explains and then comes back a few minutes later.

"Here, take these." She hands me a medicine bottle with little green pills. I hurry and take a couple. My head feels a little better but still hurts so badly. Cato brings me a wheel chair and helps me into it.

I feel my head with my fingers, there's a bandage around it. I am still in my training outfit and my hair is in a ponytail.

Cato gets cleared by the doctors and Peacekeepers and wheels me to our floor.

"Need any help changing?" He asks, I roll my eyes. But now that I think about it, I probably do need his help. I nod with shame and he smiles. I hate asking people for help, it makes me feel vulnerable and weak, which I am not.

"Don't get any ideas." I snap at him.

"I'm not that perverted." He laughs.

He wheels me into my bedroom and grabs my arena outfit, someone must've left it on my dresser. Good thing I'm wearing a tank top under my training shirt.

"Arms up." He says and pulls my shirt off over my head. I can see him eyeing me. I smack his arm as hard as I can.

"Ow! Sorry! Gosh." He rubs his arm and unties my shoes. I never noticed how perfect his hair fluff thing is until now that he's underneath me. It's pretty adorable.
When he's done with my shoes, he reaches to unzip my pants when I smack his arm again.

"Ow! Ok sorry! Do it yourself then!" He says sarcastically and leaves the room. I get up and put on my pants. The medicine has really kicked it, the Capitol's drugs are incredible, they work so fast. My head is almost numb. I leave the wheel chair and walk out into the main living room when I remember Marvel. What happened to him? Is he ok? Does he think I blew him off? Cato is standing near the couch with two Peacekeepers who are by the door.

"Cato? What happened to Marvel? Is he ok?" I ask.

"Oh, come on, you're not really wanting to go out with him are you?" He wines.

"I'm just wondering if he's ok." I say sternly.

"Yeah, he's okay."

"You have to apologize to him." I really want them to be friends. What good is an ally if he's your enemy? That didn't really make any sense, but still.

"Already did when you were dead. I made sure we are all good so he won't try to kill us in our sleep. Also, 12 told me that you made them allies too. The boy is strong and the girl is good I guess, she scored an 11 on our evaluation's, which you obviously weren't there for, but if we all make it to the end, when it's just us, they are having to going first." He states and I nod in agreement.

"It's time." A Peacekeeper interrupts us.

"Ready?" I ask. Cato nods and we follow them out of the door.

The elevator ride is silent.

We are led to a Capitol plane where the other tributes are waiting. I sit beside Katniss and Cato sits beside Marvel. No one says anything. The ride is short. I stare at Cato the whole time and he stares back at me.

When we arrive, we are led into separate rooms. When I open the shiny silver door, Fefe is pacing back and forth.

"Clove! I heard you were alive!" I walk in and she hugs me.

"Twenty seconds till launch." A robotic voice booms through the speakers in the room.

"Show time." Fefe says.

"I'm prepared to win." I say fiercely.

"I will see you again?" She asks hopefully.

"Definitely." I smile. 

"Five seconds till launch." The robotic voice announces.

I step into the tube and it closes.

It starts to rise.