Down On One Knee

I look around the lobby in search for the others, all I see are a bunch of ridiculously dressed Capitol citizens.

"Boo!" Cato yells from behind me. I turn around and punch his arm.

"Hey! What was that for!" He shouts.

"For scaring me!"

"Here," he hands me a sub sandwich. "I grabbed this for you."

I take the sandwich and take a huge, messy bite. Peeta and Marvel are standing behind Cato with their sandwiches.

"You look nice." Cato tells me.

"Thanks, you guys should probably change out of your arena outfits. You really stand out from all of these Capitol colors." I say to Marvel and Peeta. Cato is clean and dressed in a dark blue t-shirt and black jean pants.

"Well, you're one to talk." Peeta butts in, pointing at my black shirt. I roll my eyes and take another bite from my sandwich.

"The games are over. No one is left." Cato says.

"Really? This is our chance to stop the games." I try to whisper. Peeta and Marvel look at each other.

"I'm the Savior." I brag and smile.

"Yeah, yeah. Snow says that we are going to be on Caesar's show tonight." Cato takes a huge bite of an apple that he pulled out from his pocket.

"Ugh, okay. But seriously, go change your clothes." I say and start pushing Marvel and Peeta down a hallway.

"Okay, okay! Fine." Peeta says playfully and they walk down the hallway.

"What now?" I ask and stuff the last bite of my sandwich into my mouth.

"How about you and I go out on a little date?" He smiles.

"A date, huh?"

"Yeah, come on. It'll be fun." He grabs my hand and leads me to the elevator. He presses the up button and the door opens. He pulls me in and grabs my waist, beginning to kiss me. I lean against the nearest wall, which also happens to be where the floor buttons are. I was so caught up in the kiss that I didn't realize that I pressed all of them until I heard a ding. I don't know what got into me but I jerk Cato to the side and we both fall onto the district 2 hallway floor. I land on top of him and continue our kiss. I never thought my life could be this great until I made up with Cato, things couldn't get any better. I pull back and start laughing.

"You think that's funny, huh?" He asks playfully.

"Little bit." I say. He gets this wild look in his eyes.

"How about this?" He asks and begins tickling me, pinching my sides. I laugh so hard that I think I'm about to cry, he starts laughing too. Now this is what happy looks like, this is what I've always wanted. Words can't even describe how much love I feel, how much I love Cato, how good my life is. Then I start thinking about the districts. They're trapped, they're starving to death, no one will ever experience this joy. I thought I was nothing until this happened. I try to shake that thought away and continue laughing until we get back to our feet.

"Shall we?" He asks and gestures to the open elevator.

"We may." I say, grabbing his hand and walking in. He presses a button and the door closes. He grabs my waist again and continues to kiss me. Every moment with him is special, he makes it special. I never thought that you could love someone this much, but I feel it in my heart. When he took my heart, I fell for his. I break our kiss and rest my forehead against his. His arms are wrapped around my waist tightly.

"I love you, Clover." He says.

"I love you more, Cato."

"I love you, most." He grabs my face and kisses me. Then the door opens. This time we both walk out together, hand in hand. We are on the District 12 floor.

"Where are we going?" I ask and laugh a little.

"You'll see." He smiles and leads me to a stairwell. We walk up and open a gray door, the sun greets us. We're on the roof.

"Wow, it's nice to see real sunlight." I joke. He leads me over to a bench and we both sit very close.

"Clove, I have to tell you something." He says. I give a puzzled look.

"Anything."

"I wasn't the one that had you sent to jail. The second that I yelled at you, I regretted it. And when you I came back after taking a walk and found the necklace I gave to you on the bed," he pauses. "I realized something."

"What?" I ask. He stands up and gets down on one knee.

Oh my god.