Cato's Hurt

When the elevator opens, I look at Fefe to see if she's going to butt her way in front of me like Selina has a tendency to do, but she doesn't. She gestures to the door letting me know to go first. I didn't know Capital people could be nice.

"So, where are we going?" I ask, following her down a dark hallway.

"We have to get you cleaned up because tonight you have the Tribute Parade to attend. We have to get you fitted for your costume. First impressions are everything!"

She opens a door to a small empty room with a table in the middle. She hands me a hospital gown and walks out. I change fast and she walks back in shortly after.
"Lay down on the table, sweetie." I do as she says and stare up at the flickering light on the ceiling. It reminds me of District 2. I miss it there. I never thought I would, but I do. I watch as Fefe puts on a pair of rubber gloves and pulls out two strips of paper out of a drawer.

"What is that?" I ask.

"Waxing paper. It pulls out all of the hair on your legs, eyebrows, and arms."

"Does it hurt?" I've never got waxed before."

"Uhh, you'll just have to find out!" She starts laughing. I have a feeling it will hurt from that laugh she's giving me. She walks over to me and puts the sticky paper on my legs. After she sticks them on and rubs them down flat, she rips them off. I scream in pain. It feels like a thousand tiny needles being injected into my leg.

"That does hurt!" I yell at her, trying not to wiggle all over the table.

"I never said it didn't!" She laughs and pulls the next one off. I hold in my scream. After she waxes me, she walks me over to a vanity mirror. I sit in the chair infront of it.
"Should there be more people than just you?" I ask as she brushes my dark hair out.

"No, I like to do these jobs by myself. The stupid Avox's just get in the way."

I nod and then a loud bell starts ringing. Flashing lights flash across the room, I have no idea where they are coming from. There are no windows in here.

"What's going on?" I yell over the blaring sirens.

"Get up, hurry!" She grabs my arm and we run out of the room.

"What's happening?" I'm getting really worried. She doesn't stop running.

"I'll explain soon!" We run down halls after halls. I watch other tributes running out of rooms with their stylists. When we reach the Training Center lobby, I see an ambulance and a few huge Peacekeeper trucks. We stop running and stand behind the crowd of Capital people, tributes, and stylists. There are a bunch of people surrounding the vehicles. I stand on my tippy toes to try to see what is going on, still in my hospital gown. When I see, I stop breathing and my heart stops beating.

I see Cato lying on a stretcher. He is bleeding and cut up and bruised everywhere. I scream his name. But he's unconscious.

"Cato! Cato!" I scream, tears falling down my cheeks. Fefe grabs my arm as I try to get closer. She pulls me back out of the crowd. I try to catch my breath.

"Who did that to him?" I yell and begin to sob. Then the crowd completely stops talking among each other. I look up to see why. I suddenly fill with anger.

Selina.

Selina is walking with two peacekeepers. She is handcuffed and her dress is ripped. The Peacekeepers put Cato into the ambulance and drive away. It's lights aren't flashing on the vehicle, like there is no rush to get him to the hospital. Why isn't there lights flashing? Is Cato . . . ? No, it can't be! I start screaming and sobbing even louder. Fefe drags me away from everyone and walks me back to the room we were just in. As soon as I enter the room everything goes black.