Goodbye Cato, Hello Jail

A tear falls down my face. He said he hates me. I take a deep, slow, breath and wipe the tears off my face. He hates me. The words replay in my mind. Then I remember the necklace Cato gave me, the one with the silver dog tag and his name printed on it, a sword just under his name. I never took it off after all this time, but I think I have to. He said he doesn't need me. I take off the necklace and throw it on the bed. After I do that, I hear footsteps coming from the stairs. I turn towards the doorway and there are two Peacekeepers standing in front of me.

"Miss, you're going to have to come with me." One says.

"What? Why?" I ask wiping tears off my cheek.

"We were notified that you are no longer wanted in Mr. Hadley's presence."

"Who told you that?" I ask.

"We were asked to keep that information anonymous. No further questions shall be answered." Both peacekeepers grab my arms and lead me out of the mansion and push me into a big truck. Oh no, I'm going to be executed, just like Glimmer for fraud. I try to suck up the tears but I really can't. There is two other people in the truck. One is a bald, muscular male with multiple tattoos. The other is a women wearing a ripped purple dress and her makeup smeared. I don't make eye contact with them, I just play with my thumbs until the truck stops. There are no windows so I have no idea where we are. A Peacekeeper opens the door and demands us to get out. I get out first and I'm led into a train. The train is not at all as nice as the train that I took to take to the Capital for the first time. It is old, nothing is shiny, no couches, no food, no chairs, no carpet, just benches along the sides. I sit down on one and the two others sit across from me. There are about five peacekeepers in the train. Then, it starts moving, it's a lot slower than the other train. I wonder where I'm going? Why would there be a specific place for my death?

After a few hours I fall asleep. It only seemed like five minutes until I'm shaken awake. A peacekeeper pushes me off the train and I have no idea where I am. There is a tall barbed wire fence surrounding a compound, inside are people walking with chains on their hands and feet. There are peacekeepers everywhere. I am pushed up to the entrance gate to the compound. A few peacekeepers that guard it, open the gate. I am pushed in along with the other two people who came with me. They close the gate and cuffs with chains connected to all of the other people are placed on my wrists and ankles. The guard leaves and takes the other two somewhere else. I can't believe it, I'm in jail. Cato sent me to jail? I hate him. The train pulls away and then another pulls in right after that. The doors open on the train and Peeta and Marvel are pushed out. Marvels leg is still bleeding and he's limping, all I can do is stare in disbelief. The peacekeepers push them into the compound and cuff them behind me. Peeta catches sight of me.

"Clove? What are you doing here? I thought you were dead." He says as the guards cuff him.

"Long story, this is my fault you're here. I'm so sorry." I apologize and coward my head.

"What?" He asks.

Marvel is cuffed behind Peeta. I don't think he's noticed me yet. We instructed to start walking, I don't know where but we are walking along the fence. Peacekeepers watch us.

"For the new comers, you will walk around the compound until your feet bleed!" A peacekeeper yells.

A Peacekeeper notices my shoes and pulls them off so fast I almost fall. As we walk I can feel through the chains that Marvel is limping. The chains rattle and shake as we walk. I hear Peeta whisper to Marvel.

"Clove is here, she's right infront of me." I turn my head to look at him. Marvel catches my eye. He looks puzzled and relieved.

"Clove? But how did-" A peacekeeper interrupts and turns my head forward rather harshly. My neck hurts horribly now, it almost felt as if it had cracked, but I know it didn't because I'd be dead.

It's been a couple of hours since I first got here. We've been walking around the compound forever. My feet burn and my neck kills. I'd say it's been about six hours since I woke up this morning. I haven't eaten since the games and I'm starving, my mouth is dry as well, I need water. Finally, a peacekeeper steps infront of the long line of prisoners, stopping them.

"We eat dinner at 7:30 sharp everyday! We do not serve breakfast! Lunch is small! Now, go wash up and gather your water for tomorrow!" The prisoner leading us walks us over to a guard with some cheap plastic cups. We walk in a line and grab a cup as we pass and are lead to a small stream. We all put our cups in the stream, collecting water. After my cup is full, I'm led to a big, gray building. Inside is a big cafeteria. We walk past the long tables and to the back where the food is. I grab a tray and avoid looking at the lunch ladies, I just watch my tray as they put little food on it. One lady places a piece of stale bread, then three green grapes, then a white rose. Confused, I look up.