"I Hate You, Clove"

In the morning, I'm violently shaken awake.

"Clove, get up! Come on!" Cato yells and pulls me out of bed.

"What? What's going on?" I ask and rub my eyes as Cato leads me to the couch in our suite.

"You have to see this." Cato says seriously and points to the television hanging on the wall. I look up and gasp at what I see. It's The Hunger Games. I see Katniss lying on the ground inside the cornucopia covered in blood. I can see several stab marks on her chest. Then it pans to Peeta and Marvel in a cave. Marvel is sitting and leaning against the cave wall clenching his lower leg and blood is all over that area. Peeta is crouched by the opening of the cave looking around outside, but I can't help but stare at Marvel. He is in very serious pain. I fill with anger. And with out saying, I run out of the suite and down the spiral staircase. I hear Cato running after me but I know what I have to do. I speed walk around the mansion until I find the dining quarters where Snow is having breakfast.

"Well, good morning. Did you sleep well?" He asks, looking up from his food.

"Well, yes, but my friends are suffering! And if you really love Cato, you will pull them out of the arena right now." I almost yell. He laughs a little.

"Hmm, how about this. If you promise to be our Capitol sweethearts and host the annual Hunger Games for the rest of your lives, I will let your friends go." President Snow has a compassionate side?

"Deal." I say with no hesitation. Cato walks up from behind me and tightly grips my arm, I ignore him.

"Do it now. I want Peeta and Marvel."

"Deal." He says and pulls out a cell phone from his pocket.

"Pick up Peeta and Marvel and bring them back to the Capitol now, please." He speaks into it. And at that moment, I feel safe and secure. I feel the three tons of bricks lift off from my shoulders. President Snow shakes my hand and puts his hand out to Cato. Cato doesn't move, he just stares at his hand.

"Thanks," Cato says kind of quietly not making eye contact.

"But I will not be controlled by the Capitol." Cato states then starts walking back upstairs. Without Cato seeing, I give Snow a hug. He can be horrible and awful, but the more I get to know him, I think I can get him to change a lot of things that are making this a terrible nation. I can make Panem a fair and safe place with President Snow's help. I can do this. I let go and run back upstairs.

"Look, Cato, whatever that stands between you and Snow, you need to get over it. He can help us, if we convince him we can bring peace back to Panem. No more Hunger Games. We can do this together." I say.

"Yeah, sure we can." He says sarcastically. I love Cato, but right now I just want to punch him.

"Don't underestimate me, I can do anything. We can do anything. Please, just trust me." We walk back into our suite.

"Clove, we are just two people! You just need to grow up! Stop believing that anything can happen! Stuff always doesn't go the way you want it to! And you know what? I hate you! Never talk to me again! I don't need you to do what I want! I never loved you! You ruined my life!" Cato screams then storms off back downstairs. I feel like I've been shot with a canon. He really never loved me? I ruined his life?