The Runaway

I've had enough, I grab the nearest weapon and hit Cato with it. I stab a knife into his hand and crawl out from under him. He clenches his hand for a second before standing up. I stare at him waiting for him to make his move, luckily I'm wearing my knife holder and grab a knife from it. I'm not afraid to throw it.

"Cato, back away." I hold the knife in front of me, trying to warn him off. He doesn't move, his face is emotionless. He smirks a little and lunges forward. I throw it at his arm and one above his forehead. He stops and falls back after I throw them, one knife barely grazes his forehead and the other hits his upper arm. I then grab a few more knives and run out the door, an entire news crew is outside.

I notice something on one of their news vans, it has Cato and I's faces on it with the words "Starcrossed Lovers". It's sick. Cato runs out after me. I run to the news people and some peacekeepers grab Cato before he gets to me. A nurse appears out of a news van and injects him with a needle in his inner elbow, he blacks out. They lug his body into one of the vans, I run over to them.

"What was that?" I demand. A nurse, about the same height as me, looks up.

"It's called introplaism. It activates the sexual activity brain cells. I've just injected him with anti-introplaism which will stop the urges." She explains.

"This is ridiculous, we're obviously not ready to get physical. You can't do that without our permission! And this is all for what, a television show?" I scream before stomping back into the limo we arrived in. I instruct the driver to take me back to the penthouse. Words can't describe how angry I am right now. I still have my knives in hand, I managed to grab my favorite one before I left. I put it in my knife holder and play around with the others. I could say everything that's on my mind right now but since the driver's an avox I don't want to talk his ears off. I mean, he already lost his tongue. Half of me is bubbling with anger, but the other half is on the edge of breaking down.

"Um, excuse me? Can you please stop the car." My voice is shaky. I can tell the avox is hesitating but he stops the car. "Thank you." I say and step out. I walk up to the drivers window and he opens it.

"Please, let me do this." I say. He grabs my hand and rubs it and nods.

"Thank you." I turn around and run. I'm in a woodsy area. District Two is close to the Capital so there's no need for a train. As I run, tears fall down my cheeks. I clench the necklace Cato gave me in my hand and continue running. I run fast. My body fills with rage again. I take a knife and throw it at a tree with a lot of force. I run to the tree I hit and try to pull it out. I pull really hard but my body hits the heartbreak again. I fall to my knees and lean my forehead against the tree. I'm trying not to cry so hard but I can't stop. I don't know what hurts more, the rage from being recorded non-stop or the heartbreak from leaving Cato behind. This is the hardest thing I've had to do but I've decided to leave Cato forever, never to return to the Capitol.