The Proposal

He reaches for his pocket and pulls out a ring. I gasp.

"Clover, I've loved you all my life. And I never intend to stop. Clove Sevina, will you marry me?" He asks.

My eyes fill with tears. I nod my head and he puts the sparkly diamond ring around my finger. His smile stretches from ear to ear and he stands up and kisses me. I'm engaged. I'm getting married. It's almost to hard to believe. He wraps his arms around my back tightly, lifts me off me feet and spins around. Like I said, words can not describe this moment. I almost can't even think straight, a million wonderful thoughts race through my mind. He sets me down and we sit back on the bench. I snuggled up next to him and look at the ring. I've never seen anything so sparkly, well maybe Caesar Flickerman's suits are a little more sparkly but this ring is gorgeous. Then I remember about the deal we made with Snow, that if he let Marvel and Peeta out of the games, that we would be the Capitol sweethearts and host the Games. I slowly look around the roof and stand up.

"Something wrong?" He asks.

Then I hear someone yell, "Cut!".

About five or six camera men rise up from behind the big metal air conditioners. I should have known this was a set up. I walk straight to the roof exit and run down the staircase.

"Clover, wait!" Cato yells from behind me, I ignore him. I run down the District 12 hallway and into the elevator. Cato catches up and runs inside with me before the doors close.

"Clover, what's wrong?" He asks.

"What's wrong? You set this up with them, didn't you? The deal with Snow was to make us the Capitol Sweethearts. Did you propose to me or to the cameras?" I ask and aggressively press the first floor button.

"Clove, I proposed to you, I had no idea those cameras were there. But, you have to understand that they will be everywhere now, following us non-stop. It's the deal that you agreed to."

"Oh, so you're blaming this all on me? You're blaming me for being the reason that you came here? If I didn't volunteer for that little girl we wouldn't even be engaged. You're blaming me for being engaged to you." I say as the elevator door opens.

I pull the ring off of my finger and throw in at Cato. I stomp out and head for the building exit doors. I look back at Cato in the elevator, he's picking up the ring from the floor. He looks at it and wipes a tear away from his cheek. What did I do? I stop walking and stare at him, he finally looks up. His eyes are red. He breaks our stare and walks out the door. He walks over to the hallway labeled "D1" and I watch him until he disappears behind the walls. Then, a huge crowd of Capitol people swarm me.

I hear people cheering and yelling, "Starcrossed lovers!" and "She said yes!" And "Let us see the ring!"

Before I know it, they lift me up and I'm crowd surfing. Some reporters are in the crowd, holding up their microphones.

"Wait! Hey! Put me down!" I yell. It takes a few seconds but they do. I grab a microphone from a random reporter and look straight into a camera lens.

"District 2 training center, 2/16. I love you, Cato." I say then give the mic back to the reporter and walk into the District 1 floor suites. 2/16, the day Cato and I first met. I walk straight to the room that we're staying in and I'm about to knock when Cato opens the door, we both stare at each other.

"I'm sorry." We both say at the same time.

"No, I'm sorry." We both say again in sync. Then we laugh.

"Can we try that again?" He asks. I nod and smile. He pulls out the ring from his pocket and places it around my finger. Then, he grabs my back and pulls me in for a hug, whenever I wrap my arms around his neck, my feet are almost off the ground. Marvel and Peeta walk in from the kitchen, they are both wearing black. I pull away from Cato and look at them.

"Hey, guys." I greet them. Peeta has an open book in his hands.

"What you got there?" I ask and walk up to him.

"A dictionary, it says right here: Savior, a secret in ones self." He says then closes the book.

"A secret in itself? What does that mean? I have a secret inside of me?" I ask.

"Sorta, it means that you have something that no one knows. Something special, something that could save us." He explains.

"Like a DNA gene?" I ask.

"No, Clove, you're special, you're the Savior. It's like a special power, you could say. But you're not magic or anything, there's just something amazing inside of you, something you will do, I guess." He says. I think I understand. It's confusing but believable.

"Really? Okay, so what do you guys wanna do? The Capitol is amazing." I ask.

Peeta's expression is saddened, he must be pretty torn up over Katniss. Marvel doesn't look happy either. I walk over to him and grab his arm. I lead him into a bedroom and walk over to the closet.

"What are you doing?" He asks. I grab a black suit that is hanging in the closet and hand it to Marvel.

"What is this for?" He asks.

"You have a date tonight!" I say.

"Really? With who?" He seems excited.

"Fefe Tulip, my stylist." I say and smile. He looks confused.

"I know her and she said she'd be more than happy to go out with you."

"Is she cute?" He smiles. I nod and open my eyes wide.

"Yeah." I say. He walks into the bathroom with his suit. I walk out and over to the door leading out from the suite.

"I'll be back." I say and walk out. There's a telephone in the hallway, I grab it and dial operator.

"Hello, who would you like to reach?" A computer animated voice asks.

"Fefe Tulip."

"Calling Fefe Tulip. Thank you for calling." The voice says.

"Hello?" Fefe answers the phone.

"Hey, it's Clove." I say.

"Hey, Clove! What do you need?"

"I need you to go on a date with Marvel." I say.

"District One male?" She asks.

"Yeah."

"Okay!" She answers excitedly.

"Great! Meet Marvel at The Blue Café at 6:00 tonight, wear something fancy." I say.

"Okay, thanks. See you soon, bye."

"Bye." I say and hang up.