Marvel

We walk for hours in a line around the compound, along side the fence.  It's about lunch time when I hear a loud whistle. Our leader of the group stops. I look around unaware of what's going on, then a big gust of wind blows over us. Rubble starts flying everywhere. I cover my eyes with my arm. When the wind dies down, I move my arm and stare at a Capitol plane that has landed right in front of us. The other prisoners stare at the plane as well.

"What's going on?" Peeta asks me.

"I don't know." I say and lock my eyes on the door that is opening. A peacekeeper walks out and President Snow follows. I immediately look away. Cato walks out from behind Snow.

"Miss Sevina, will you give me the honor to escort you back to the Capitol?" Snow asks me. Cato is almost hiding behind him, his head is down. I nod my head.

"My friends come too, my real friends." I say and make sure Cato hears it clearly.

"Well, of course, and who might they be?" Snow raises his furry eyebrows. I look to my side and point to Peeta and Marvel. Violet comes from out of a building with a peacekeeper escort and stands next to Snow.

"Guards, release them." Snow instructs. A couple of guards walk up to us and take off our cuffs. We just stand there for a moment. I don't look up at Cato, I just stare at my feet. I hate him, he hates me. There's nothing more to say.

"Shall we go?" President Snow insists. I nod and we walk into the plane. Inside there is a couch and a few chairs. I walk past Cato and walk up to a big window. Marvel and Peeta sit in chairs and Cato, Snow and Violet take the couch. As the plane lifts, I look out the window and press my hand against the glass. I'd rather live in this place than be in the same room as Cato.

"Miss Sevina, would you care to join us?" Snow asks. I look at him then at Cato. He is staring at me with a blank expression. I shake my head and continue to look out of the window. Marvel stands up and limps over to me.

"You okay?" He whispers, I don't respond. I lower my head and wrap my arms around his back. I needed a hug from someone that actually is trying to protect me and shows sympathy for me.

"Marvel, thanks for being there for me." I whisper.

"You're welcome." I close my eyes and take this moment in. He is my new best friend, he will take care of me. A tears falls down my cheek and I open my eyes. Cato is still staring at me, but he looks as if he is about to cry. I pull away from Marvel.

"Thanks." I say. He nods and sits on the floor under the window. I sit beside him and rest my head on his shoulder. I take a deep breath, close my eyes and fall asleep.