The Plan and The Lies

A few hours later, back at the suite, I sit on the couch by myself and watch Caesar's show. Then I remember that Cato and I were supposed to be on last night. Oh well, I don't really care. I never really liked Caesar. On the screen, Caesar interviews President Snow. I never thought Snow would go on his show.

"President Snow, sir, I am aware that you have some news for us all? Is that true?" Caesar asks and leans forward in his chair.

"Yes, Caesar. Citizens of Panem, I have the honor of telling you that our Savior, has arrived!" He yells. The crowd goes wild, completely insane. Caesar's face is filled with joy. It takes a minute but the crowd quiets down and waits for the next announcement.

"Unbelievable! Can you inform us with the Savior's name?" Do I really want my name to be spread around the Capitol? To be famous? To have cameras and reporters swarming me like bees? It's now or never, right?

"Cato Hadley, my grandson." Snow says proudly.

What? No.

"Cato? I thought the myth said that the Savior is a girl." He questions.

"Caesar, that part of the myth was a lie, faulty information." Snow declares. I stand up and walk closer to the TV screen. Is he lying? I was told that Snow sent his grand daughter, Cato's sister, Violet, to me at the jail to protect me after he found out I was the Savior. Was she lying about that? I'm not sure but I suddenly fill with rage. I run over to Cato's bedroom door and swing it open. He is standing in a pair of black pants with no shirt on and drying his chest with a towel.

"Oh, hey, Clover." He sweetly says and dries his wet hair with a towel.

"Did you see Snow's interview?" I ask kind of snappy.

"No, why?" He walks over to his closet and pulls out a dark red long sleeved shirt.

"Cato, don't lie to me, are you or are you not the Savior?" I purposely lower my chin to make it look like if he says yes, I would hurt him, to make me look dangerous. He raises his eyebrows.

"No, why would you think that?" He frowns.

"Snow said that..." I'm interrupted.

"I was the Savior? Wow." He puts his hand on his face then looks at me.

"You know why he's doing this, don't you?" He asks. I shake my head.

"He's saying that I'm the Savior, his only grandson, just make him look more valuable. More important, if people think that he's related to the Savior, they will treat him like a king. I guess he thinks that the Savior will take all of his royalty away from him." He explains. I get it.

"He's afraid that The Savior will get more attention than him then eventually he'll be forgotten?" I ask. Cato nods and pulls his shirt over his head, slipping his arms through the long sleeves.

"Well, that's exactly what needs to happen! Snow is horrible, if he fades away, then I can make Panem a better place!" I loosen up from my anger and wait for Cato's response. He smiles and crosses his arms.

"Yeah, that just might work. Clover, you're a genius!" He yells and wraps his arms around me. I am the Savior, I finally have discovered what I'm going to do to fulfill my position of honor and royalty. I'm going to take down President Snow.