The Date

Back at the penthouse, Cato and I stand by the door, putting our shoes on. He said he's taking me out on a date since our last one was interrupted. I'm excited, but part of me feels like there's something in between Cato and I, like I can't get as close to him as I would like.

My stomach is completely healed now, my stitches were removed and I feel as good as ever. I don't know where Cato's taking me, but we're dressed really fancy. He's wearing a black tux, his hair is still perfectly fluffed as usual. I think he looks handsome all the time, but seeing him wearing a tux is unbelievably hot. I'm wearing a dark green, silk dress with my hair pinned up. I'm wearing heels which are really hard to walk in and they make my feet hurt, but I'm so short that he has to bend over to kiss me. I want to kiss him first this time and for me to do that, I have to be taller. Cato takes my hand and bows.

"Ladies first." He says in a British accent and opens the limo door for me.

"Why thank you, sir." I say in the same accent he did. I step into the classy, black limo and he slides in next to me. He grabs my hand and tells the driver the address and then we're off.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"If I told you, then it wouldn't be a surprise!" He laughs.

I look out the window but I can't see anything, they're tinted black, must be for paparazzi reasons. The car ride is long and bumpy. We talk a lot during the ride, flirting and stuff. When the car stops I'm almost startled.

"We're here." He smiles and opens his door before walking around the limo and opening mine. I step outside and am taken aback by what I see. It's not at all what I expected. We're right infront of District 2's training center.

"Cato! No way!" I yell in excitement. A bunch of memories flash back of us fighting in here. I missed this place.

"But what are we doing here in these clothes?" I ask.

"Just follow me." He takes my hand and leads me into the building. When he opens the door, the first thing I see is my rack of knives. I kick off my heels and run towards them. I can hear Cato laughing behind me. I stroke the sharp blade of my favorite knife. Oh, how I've missed this. Cato walks over to the lockers and I look up at him. He opens his locker and pulls out his old training clothes.

"Well? Are you going to get changed or not?" He asks before walking into the men's bathroom. I smile after he leaves and run over to my locker. I quickly type in the lock's code and swing the door open. I snatch my clothes faster than a Venus fly trap closes in on it's prey. I fly over to the bathroom and quickly change. I wonder if I still got it, my knife throwing skills. I sure hope so, I haven't trained in so long. I run out the bathroom door and see Cato standing in front of it. I run into him and we almost fall but he catches me.

"Thank you." I whisper.

"Yeah, well, this is training. Not a beauty pageant," He pulls the pins out of my hair and it falls down onto my shoulders.

"But if it were, you'd win first place." He assures me.

I kiss him briefly before running back over to the knives. I pull my favorite one off the rack and throw it immediately at one of the moving targets. I still got it, it hits the bullseye. Why am I not surprised? I grab a few more knives and throw them. I can hear Cato cheering and clapping me on, I laugh. After I throw all of the ones on my rack, I turn to Cato.

"Well, this is training, not a beauty pageant. You can't just stand there and look pretty all day." I mock him.

"Oh, really?" He raises his eyebrows and grabs a sword. He walks over to the dummies and thrusts his sword into different parts of them. He is so strong. He swings that sword like it's nothing. I clap and walk over to the sword shelf. I grab the smallest looking one so I wouldn't get embarrassed if I were to grab the heavier one and drop it. As soon as I lift the sword off of the shelf, I truly begin to realize how strong Cato is, even this little sword is really heavy. I lug it over to Cato.

"Teach me." I say. He stops attacking the dummy target and smiles at me. I position myself infront of him and he places my arms in the right spot and holds me in that position.

"Most of your strength comes from your posture, your core. You should already know that from throwing knives. Now, you already know all of the human sweet spots, you swing towards them for easy execution. Got it?" He lets go of me and I struggle holding the sword in the position he left me in.

I nod and he backs away. I gather all of my strength and swing angrily, I cut off one dummy's hand and I cut the other dummy's neck but it doesn't go through all the way. After I stop, I take a deep breath and drop the sword to the ground, it makes a loud clink on the tile. That took a lot energy. Not just physical, but mental.

"Ah, that's my little girl." Cato says and pulls me into his arms. Then it's as if a spark ignited inside of him, his eyes totally changed from being sweet, to serious. I get a little mischievous and I stomp on his foot and run.  I begin laughing before he tackles me onto the ground. He slams my body hard and my back hits the tile even harder, I lose my breath for a second but quickly regain it. He's ontop of me. His face is full with rage. All I did was stomp on his foot as a joke, how is he this mad? He breathes heavily, every breath hits my face lightly.

"Target." He growls. Then he starts kissing my neck, I don't mind at first but then he starts getting a little too rough.

"Cato, Cato, stop. Stop it!" I yell.

He's not listening to me, I try to get up but he's too strong. This is not him, he would never do this. I start to get a little nervous.

"Cato! Get off of me!" I kick my legs and try to release myself. I can't kick him because of the way he's lying on me. I grunt and yell as I try to punch him. My eyes then drift over to the wall, something flashing is catching my eye. I squint my eyes then the object comes into focus. A Capitol reporter camera.