The Tumor

About half an hour after Snow announced Cato's royalty, Cato, Peeta and I, walk in to the lobby where about thirty reporters with cameras surround us. We all know why. All of the reporters swarm around Cato, pushing Peeta and I outside of the crowd. I make sure not to lose Peeta out of all of this madness, so I grab his arm and we walk to a wall of the lobby and sit on a bench. As I sit down, a sharp pain shoots through my stomach, I sort of stumble down to the bench.

"Woah, you okay?" Peeta asks and steadies me. My stomach still hurts and I feel sick and weak all of a sudden, I'm also a little nauseous, it feels like someone is punching my stomach over and over, like a hammer is pounding at my rib cage.

"Yeah," I lie and try to change the subject.

"So do you-" I pause as the pain in my stomach hits me again, it's mostly right under my rib cage but in my stomach. I put my hand on my stomach and breathe heavily, as every pain hits, I squeeze my eyes tighter.

"What's wrong? Do you a doctor?" Peeta asks and puts his meaty hand on my shoulder. I shake my head and open my eyes.

"I'm fine." I lean back onto the bench and look at the reporters surrounding Cato. They're all so crazy, I'm almost glad that Snow didn't announce me as the Savior. I can just barley see Cato's blonde, perfectly fluffed hair. Then the pain hits again and everything goes black.

~

I open my eyes frantically, a tube is running across my nose and down my cheeks. There's a really bright white light above me and my head throbs. My eyes drift to the right, there's a nurse wearing all white standing at a computer. Her brown hair is tightly pinned back into a bun, there's also a faint beeping sound behind me. I'm at the hospital. I never liked this place. It brings back horrible memories. The slightest move in my neck sends a sharp pain into my stomach. I can't move without pain shooting through my body. I lay there staring up at the ceiling for a few minutes until I push myself to speak.

"Excuse me?" My voice croaks. The nurse looks up from her computer with alert eyes.

"What happened?" I ask.

"You fainted, it's no big deal really. You are scheduled for emergency surgery in twenty minutes." She says and looks back at her computer.

"Surgery? For what?"

"You have a small tumor in your upper abdomen." She clicks a few buttons on her computer screen, then she looks up and walks over to me. She hands me a green pill and a glass of water. I take the pill and put it in my mouth, then wash it down with the water. I have a tumor? Will I be okay? Will I even survive? I close my eyes and try to think of Cato. And before I know it, I'm asleep.