Always Keep Your Doors Closed And Your Blinds SHUT

I'm new at this, so I'll start it simple. I was around 16 years old when this happened to me(F). It was just me and my dad at our house, and since he was a businessman that traveled frequently, I was left home alone quite often.

First of all, I'm going to try do do my best to describe to you the layout of my house so you can better understand my situation. My house is pretty small since it is just my father, my dog and me living in it. There's a long hallway full of full sized windows separating my dad's room and mine. Our dog loved to look out the windows, so we always kept them open enough for her to look out. I'm the last room at the end of the hallway. In between the two rooms is my bathroom and a spare room. All the rest is irrelevant.

Let's get to it. It was around 11 p.m when the worst night of my life began. My dad was passed out in bed after a long day, and I was mindlessly dancing around my house getting ready for bed.

I hopped in my shower, not knowing what was coming ahead. And, of course like a cringe worthy horror movie, my dog starts aggressively barking up a storm. With my excessive knowledge of how it turns out for the girl in the movies I go out and explore.

I head to my room to throw some clothes on while my dog is still shitting a brick. Months before, I'm not sure how I managed to break my door handle, but you don't have to twist the knob to open it, all it needs is a small push.

Scared shitless, I barely managed to put a shirt on when my dog opened the door. I looked to see her enter my room, while in the midst of barking and that's when I saw it. There's only one window that has vision to the opening of my room. and in the corner of it, I saw a face. A face so seemingly sinister that i can still see it years after. It was dark, so I took a second to comprehend what i just saw, but when I finally realized it I SCREAMED.

My dad owns LOTS of guns, so when he heard me scream bloody murder, he ran out with a pistol. He asked me what happened and could barely mutter what I saw.

He ran outside to see if the man with the terrifying face was still near. We stood out there for a minute scanning the area. A man was casually strolling towards us from the opposite direction from about 100 yards away. I knew it was him. I got that feeling in my stomach that you can't mistake. It was like he was trying to cover up that he was there by coming from a different direction.

That bastard didn't fool me. "You better stay the FUCK away from my daughter. YOU SEE WHAT I HAVE HERE? YOU KNOW WHAT THIS DOES?" holding up his gun, I could've sworn my dad was going to shoot.

The man brushed these threats off easily, "Fuck off old man," he said. My dad and I went back inside. He went back to bed like nothing had happened, but I could not sleep a wink. I kept thinking he was going to come back and hurt me because of the threats to him.

We called the cops the next morning, and they came and scoped out our house. He looked around the house trying to calm me down but I was still pretty shaken up. He went to the front yard and that's when he saw it.

In front of the windows in the long hallway there were small bushes, nothing much. The cop (from outside) went to the window that had view of my room and there it was. If he tried to tell me the news without making me more upset, he failed.

There were indents in the dirt right in front of the window. That meant "He knew where he needed to look for you, and it seems as if he had come here more than once because of the broken pieces of bush and the divots in the ground."

Turns out he was the nephew of my old neighbor and he had been staying there for months. Never arrested, never got in trouble, probably barely got a slap on the wrists. But at least he was gone now.

How long had he been watching me? I'll never know. All I know is I keep my door shut and I NEVER keep the blinds open.

So, creepy nephew that had watched me for who knows how long, LETS NOT MEET AGAIN.