Never Walk Through The Woods At Night

This happened about a year ago. We live relatively close to a walmart and theres many shortcuts to get there through the woods. Me and my brother were feeling adventurous one night and decided to take the more creepy route through woods. Later realizing it was a bad decision. This is my recollection of the events. We started walking down this dark road to get the entrance of the woods. This road is alot less populated than others in my area. We used our cell phone lights to navigate most of the way. Eventually we found a nice trail about a quarter mile from the walmart. I noticed a very small vehicle not like your average road type. Somebody parked something in the woods up there and it was full of tattered bags and clothes. I was very creeped out. My guess was it belonged to some homeless people. I picked up a decent sized stick and explained to my brother that we would use it if anything went wrong. After i said that we heard a noise. Something or someone ran after i spoke. We continued down the hill along the trail for a couple minutes. I kept looking behind me out of habit every couple moments. Eventually i saw a very tall man staring down at us. I yelled to my brother that someone was behind us and the man starting darting towards us. We screamed call 911! And ran with our phones out. Eventually we outran him and entered the back parking lot behind the walmart. I drew my pocket knife and stared into the woods beyond the trail. It looked like we got away. Creepy guy in the woods, lets not meet again.