I Think I Was Almost Kidnapped

So this happened a few years ago when I was around 21-22 years old. I'll start by saying that I am not intimidating in the slightest. I'm a 5 foot nothing small girl.

I was renting a nice apartment that was unfortunately located in one of the worst parts in the city. I know, I know, not the smartest decision on my part but it was brand new and beautiful. My roommate and I ended up having quite a few encounters at that apartment.

Anyway, it was around 9:00 PM and I decided I was going to go visit the guy that I was seeing. It was winter and pitch black outside at this time. My car was parked along the street near the front doors. As I was making my way to my car, a small black car pulls diagonally in front of my car and slightly onto the sidewalk, blocking me from going any further. I am frightened quite easily so this alone got my heart racing.

Two very large men immediately got out of the back seat of the car causing the interior lights to turn on which made two more large men visible. (Driver and passenger)

The two men start walking slowly toward me asking odd questions like "do you know where the library is?" Now I'm not a judgmental person, but these men really didn't seem like they were interested in going to a library. They continued to ask the standard "where are you going" "how are you doing" etc.

The whole time this is happening I'm thinking about what I can do to get away if need be. Pepper spray is illegal in Canada or at least in my province so I didn't have that. I had my keys through my fingers but realistically I knew I had no chance. While it was one of the worst locations in the city, it was a rather quiet street at the same time.

They kept getting closer to me and I just froze. Fortunately, a car was driving by and slowed right down seeming like they realized this was an odd situation and that I was uncomfortable. The two men who were outside seemed to get agitated and one said "Man, I don't think this is going to work." They both got in the car and the driver sped off.

I was so scared that I got in my car and just started driving. I didn't think to call the police to give a description or anything. The car that slowed down drove off so I couldn't ask if they saw a license plate. This whole encounter really only lasted about 2-3 minutes but it truly terrified me and I am not sure what would've happened if that car didn't slow down. So thank you to that person!