Chubby Chaser

So I'm a bigger girl. 5ft 11 and a bit of a chunky monkey. I'm not obese or overly fat but I have a few rolls from the bakery.

I was in a pub I always go to (An Bróg, Cork City, Ireland if anyone knows it) and I was with a bunch of my friends. We are all girls and we were having a laugh. It was like 10:30 pm I had like 2 pints and was starting to get a buzz. I was standing by a door out to the smoking area when a guy passed behind me and touched me.

Now, I am a person who hovers a hand behind people if I am cutting through a crowd. I tap them lightly on the back if they don't see me trying to cut through and I always say "Sorry there, just coming through", I usually get the "oh sorry!" and they move. SO when I felt a hand on my waist/back, I thought this guy was just brushing past and putting a hand there to say excuse me. I turned and looked to see if I was majorly blocking the way to the door. That's when things got weird. This guy squeezed my waist. Like half pinching my waist. I'm like "ah he's drunk" but he continues passed me out to the smoking area and I see he is fine. No dazed look or walking funny.

So the night goes on and I get squeezed/pinched 2 more times by the same guy. I come to the conclusion that he's kind of feeling me up. He's not touching my ass or anywhere else, just my waist. Its like he's testing it, feeling how hard or soft it is. He comes out of nowhere and does it and then he's gone before I can turn and confront him. I realise a few things after that second squeeze. He is alone and basically circling me and my friends, coming near our group then looping back out to the smoking area. I clearly know what he looks like by the 3 squeeze.

I catch him out of the corner of my eye and I'd move (especially after the second squeeze because it showed he knew what he was doing and he was targeting me) out of his way or get another body between me and him. My body language is "STOP TOUCHING ME, IM NOT REACTING TO WHAT YOU'RE DOING, FUCK OFF!" I don't tell my friends because I don't want to ruin the night. I am also the tallest of the group and I stopped drinking the minute the second squeeze/ lurking happened, it would be a different thing if he was doing it to the smallest or drunkest girl in the group. He can't just pick me up and carry me away.

Lights come on and its home time. In hindsight, I should have told the manager at the time (He's a friend of mine) and he would have let us stay behind for a few minutes and let that guy wander off but I was with a group of 5/6 girls and they all grabbed their stuff and we were out in a second.

If you know the pub and the area of Cork City, we ended up outside Hillbillies/ the fountain. if you don't, we literally came out of this place and turned right, crossed a road and were in this big open space. I stood by the taxi rank and was stoic and not talking and laughing like my friends were. Why? because the guy had followed us, on his own, out to this area. Usually, this place is flooded with people on a night out but that night it was dead quiet. He didn't walk on away, he stood hovering. I'm by the taxi rank and he's a good 20-30ft away by hillbillies( a fast food place). I decide to tell my friends that he has been following us and he has been touching me. My friends turn to look and of course, they all go over and start talking to him.

I stay by the taxi rank and would happily jump into a taxi on my own and leave them there than go over and entertain him. He's far away but I can tell he's staring at me. One of my friends comes back and is like "Whats wrong?", they obviously weren't listening when I told them about him. I tell her the story and she is like "oh christ ok", The rest of the gang come back (they are pretty drunk) and one of my friends is like "he's up from Kerry for college and he invited us back to his house for a house party!" I go eh no he's a creep and I have to re-tell the story. He is still hovering over across the way and he's just staring. I manage to stop my friends actually confronting him and get them into a taxi and home we went.

When I got home I got into a Scalding hot shower. I actually had red marks on my waist from his hands, that's how hard he was squeezing. I don't know if he would have come up to me if I was on my own or if he thought I was drunk because of how my friends were. Turns out I'm not easy prey. I have had lads look at me weird while I'm out but nobody has ever put their hands on me or kept up things when I obviously am not interested.

Keep an eye out when your out lads and lassies, you never know if a chubby chaser is on your tail!