He Claimed To Be A Missing Person

At the time this story took place, I was living in a rural town in the USA, I'm actually British but was on a visa that allowed me to work and study at the same time.

It was a pretty cold day, I'd just gotten off the phone with one of my friends in Canada, I was in the living room and went to the kitchen to microwave myself some food when I heard a loud knock on the window, it startled me as I usually didn't have any guests over and assumed it was probably some sales person, though, I should've known, he would've knocked on the door and not the living room window besides, the weather was absolutely rubbish so there was no chance of a sales person being out.

I went towards the window and opened the top window just a little bit so he could hear me, "Ye, Yes?" I said, he looked clearly distraught and in need of help, his t-shirt looked like it was originally white but the dirt just made it look like a disgusting grey colour, his jeans were ripped and I'm pretty sure one of his shoes were missing. He motioned towards the door and asked me to open it, I asked him "Why?" He then went on to explain he is a missing person and was kidnapped, he managed to run away and wanted to come in or "They'd get him."

I know I might be bashed for what I had done next, I had told him that I would not be able to open the door as I'm only a guest in this house (Which was a lie, of course.) but that he could definitely hide in the garden until I called the police, he agreed as he was supposedly helpless.

I saw him leave towards the back and decided to call the police. I then turned away towards the door and was on the phone with the police explaining the situation, they told me it would take a while for them to arrive due to the bad weather and told me to keep him there. As soon as I hung up I heard another bang on the window! I turned around startled, I saw him again, this time with a satanic grin on his face. He then said a few words that full on sent me into panic mode, he said something like, "I'm glad you called the police, the quicker they arrive to the homicide scene the better." He then started to try to smash my windows whilst laughing, though by then I had darted towards the kitchen which led to the garden, I was really confused.

I grabbed the kitchen knife and then headed upstairs not knowing what to do. I could hear the glass break downstairs and heard him murmur something to himself about murder and homicide as he walked upstairs. I could then hear police sirens which weren't for me but it sent him into panic as he jumped from half way up the stairs to the bottom and fell over, he then limped towards the garden laughing or crying. I honestly couldn't tell nor remember which one.

The police did arrive and he was eventually arrested, he claimed to be mentally ill so I'm not too sure what happened to him as I had left the country shortly afterwards.

Even though it might not be the scariest story, "missing person" let's not meet.