Ch18: Chuunin Exams! (Part 1)

NARUTO

Akimi's POV///

Team 7 were called to the bridge the next day by Kakashi-sensei, and I already knew what the events will partake. I bet it has something to do with the Chuunin Exams. Sasuke was leaning against the railings like always with Sakura standing there boredly. I was beside her while Naruto was beside me.

Sakura was sighing and I sent her a side glance. "Saa, Sakura-chan, is there something you wanna say?" I said, lifting a brow. The pinkette turned to look at me and sighed once again.

"Why do we always come here early when we know Kakashi-sensei is just going to arrive late?" Sakura deadpanned, her face clearly showing annoyance.

Naruto nodded, a small scowl on his whiskered face. "Yeah, dattebayo!"

"No matter how many times he calls us, we always end up coming early. And I forgot to wear my new weighs that I bought recently!" Sakura complained, whining that she couldn't wear the bracelet weighs I recommended to her.

"I woke up late, so I couldn't wash my face or brush my teeth!" Naruto also complained.

Me, and Sakura deadpanned at him, well, I made a face. "Naru-kun/Naruto, that's disgusting." We commented simultaneously.

Naruto had the decency to grin at us, sheepishly scratching his pink cheek.

Sasuke just scoffed at him.

Finally, I sensed Kakashi-sensei coming so I looked up and he appeared in a cloud of smoke. "Yo, morning everyone! Sorry I was late, I got lost on the path of life." I grinned behind my mask, what a lame lie, but I've got to admit, it's kinda true and funny.

"YOU LIAR!!!" Naruto and Sakura shouted, pointing at sensei with an accusing finger. I giggled behind my sleeve and noticed Sasuke's mouth twitching up to a small smile in amusement. Those two never change.

"I know this is sudden, but I recommended you for the Chuuin Exams. All three of you. These are the applications." Kakashi-sensei announced and hands them their application papers before turning to me.

"Akimi-chan, Hokage-sama wishes to speak to you." I nodded before turning to my teammates and waved a hand at them. I teleported into grandpa Hokage's office. He jumped from my sudden appearance and held his hand over his chest in surprise before giving me a smile.

"You're so quiet, Akimi-hime, you nearly gave me a heart attack," He chuckled and I grinned.

He then turned serious after recovering from his small fit, "I suppose you know why I called you here. It's regarding the Chuunin Exams," He started. I nodded and waited for him to continue.

"I have decided that you won't participate with your team, since only three members are allowed like it has always been. So you'll be taking the Exams alone," He finished, letting the information sink in. I nodded in understanding.

"That's not the only reason why. Since you are an unknown S-Rank Ninja, I am giving you a mission," He paused before continuing, "I want you, Shirokami-san and Asudo-dono to monitor the Exams and report to me when needed, understand?" I nodded, and felt the said beasts nodding with Asudo grunting.

"I understand. Also, jiji, you don't have to worry about him. I may be able to convince him." I said. He smiled warmly and nodded.

"I know you will. The Chuunin Exams will take place in Room 301 at the academy. It begins at 3:00, five days from now on." I nodded and flashed away when he dismissed me.

x

As I was walking home, I felt a bit weird. I could sense a chakra signature of someone. I knew they were watching me and I closed my eyes. I used a bit of Asudo's chakra and used seismic sense. This allows me to sense and feel vibrations through the ground. Meaning, I could sense my surroundings and make a mental image of it. It gives my a 360 degree field vision outside the normal line-of-sight.