Ch26: The forest goes on!

OH.MY.HONEYCAKES!! Lol
It's been–what? Two(sorta?) long months since I last posted a new chappy? But hey, I haven't been doing nothing! My writing skills have hanged drastically, and hope to get an opinion of what you guys think of my improvement! Yuy!

Well, I may have not finished editing like promised(sulks in the corner), but–oh well. Shrugs

Ok, ok, stop rambling Author! Let's get this book on the road! Now, enjoy~!

NARUTO

Third POV///

After the little fiasco with the other Genin teams, Team 7 had found a clearing with a river nearby. They also seem to have run out of dried food; apparently, Naruto got hungry and ate the rest of the dried food. Akimi, Sasuke, and Sakura sighed, shaking their heads in exasperation that meant 'should-have-known-that' while Naruto had the decency to look sheepish, scratching his head. But luckily, the river could provide them food and water. So it wasn't too bad.

They all sat in a circle, legs crossed with the exception of Sasuke with a leg up and an arm resting over it, and Akimi in traditional seiza style. Sakura had told Akimi that no one was around, which the silverette was proud of. Sakura's gotten better, it seems.

"Who was that Grass Ninja, Akimi-chan? You seem freaked out when she arrived." Sakura finally asked, gazing at her silver-haired teammate with concern and worry in her viridian-green eyes. Akimi didn't want to answer, but seeing Naruto's slight pleading and questioning eyes, and Sasuke's stern, demanding stare made her sigh in defeat. Akimi nodded, and didn't notice how Naruto and Sakura shared a grin, with Sasuke smirking.

"That woman-er, or should a say man, was Orochimaru in disguise." Akimi answered slowly, watching them as she lets the information sink in their minds before the silence was broken by Naruto.

"What?!" Naruto shouted, shock written all over his face as he stared at Akimi. Sasuke's eyes widen, his body tensing and Sakura lets out a muffled gasp from her mouth behind her hands. They were in shock, yes, but that didn't wave off the worry, fear, and concern the trio had for Akimi. She had battled Orochimaru, the sannin, all alone! Sasuke narrowed his eyes at Akimi, "What happened," He demanded.

Well, she knew this was coming. Akimi sighed softly, "After I told you to leave, Orochimaru was going to go after you. But I stopped him."

"H-how did you stop him?" Naruto asked, scooting a bit closer to his silver-haired teammate. Akimi averted her gaze from them; they weren't going to like this part at all. Hell, even Sarutobi Hiruzen will give her so much guilt and scolding after she tells him. And what would Haku and Zabuza say?

"I got his attention..." The silverette muttered, sliding her gaze to the ground. She hoped that it was quiet enough, but her team managed to hear her. Naruto and Sakura's eyes widen in realization, and Sasuke inhales sharply before glaring at the silverette.

"You told him about your Kekkei Genkai, didn't you?" The ravenette stated. Akimi moved her head to the side to look away from his glare. In fact, she looked at anywhere other than her team. She didn't need to look at them to know that they were staring and glaring at her. But Sakura breaks the tension.

"Demo, what did he do to cause that...scream?" Sakura asked, feeling worried about the answer as she inched closer to the silverette.

"That was this," She started, pulling her lavender collar down to show three black tomoe's in her neck, which looked similar to Sasuke's Sharingan. "Orochimaru used a Jutsu to give me this. His bite hurt like hell!" Akimi cursed, ending it with a pout. The trio jumped slightly at her curse, not used to hearing her say that, but that information added to their shock even more.