Ch28: Explanations

*Third*

"Thank kami! We get to rest!" Sakura cheered by using the most energy she had left before collapsing in the couch, sighing in relief. Her muscles were aching and screaming at her to stop and stay still, in which she is currently doing it.

"Yeah! And we get a few extra days to get our energy back, 'ttebayo!" Naruto exclaimed, jumping around while his other three teammates were staring at him with amusement and varying degrees of incredulity. How the hell is he still energetic?

Sasuke felt his brow twitch in irritation at the blond. Just what is he made out of? Oh, right, he has the kyuubi inside him. So it made sooo much more sense that he still had that much energy. Sakura groaned, trying to cover her ears and block Naruto's annoying babbling. She wanted a little bit of peace and quiet, but the blond was, apparently, preventing that from happening. So, with no other option left and her strength decreased, she grabbed her shinobi shoe and, with all her chakra-filled might, she hurled the shoe at the hyperactive blond, successfully hitting him in the forehead the moment he turned around. Akimi blinked, smiling under her mask at the trio.

Naruto yelped, falling on his back as the pinkette's hand was filled with the right amount of chakra to make the impact just enough to knock him off his feet. Sasuke sighed silently in relief, giving his pink-haired teammate a thankful look for shutting the blond's loud mouth. Sakura felt his gaze and turned to look at him, nodding her head at Uchiha before her face plopped down at the sofa.

"Ittai! What was that for, Sakura-chan?!" Naruto exclaimed, rubbing his abused forehead after removing his hitai-ate. Sakura lifted her head to look at the blond and gave him a blank stare. Naruto stilled in his place at her deadened gaze.

"Naruto," it didn't sound like a question or something being asked whatsoever, and Sakura's voice was bland. Sasuke watched on with amusement and Akimi moved towards the Uchiha, sitting beside him.

"H-hai, Sakura?" the Uzumaki squeaked, afraid of his teammate's upcoming wrath when her gaze at him morphed into a glare. Sasuke snorted quietly at the girlish (manly squeak, Naruto once said) squeak his teammate emitted, quickly masking it when the silverette beside him peered at him minutely before sliding her gaze back at the duo.

Sakura's glare swiftly turned to a blank expression. "Urusai." she scowled at him before her face meets the couch once again. Naruto sweat-dropped then sighed in relief, his back dropping to the ground and promptly fell asleep, drool already forming in the corner of his lips. Akimi and Sasuke sweat-dropped, sending a glance at each other, both confused and amused at the same time.

"Saa, I need to visit the Hokage real quick." Akimi stood up, nudging her hitai-ate for a moment. Naruto suddenly woke up, startling the two females and Sasuke deadpanning, and looked at the silverette. "Ne, Aki-chan, could you get ramen on your way back?"

"Baka! You shouldn't ask directly when Akimi-chan's doing something important!" Sakura growled, throwing her other shoe to her blond teammate's head, but sadly, Naruto cocked his head to the side to dodge the incoming 'attack', ignoring it as he still continued to stare innocently at the silverette.

"Hm? Okay, sure... Sakura-chan, Sasuke, would you like anything else as well?" Akimi moved her gaze to her two teammates, giggling under her breath when Naruto sent a smug smirk at Sakura, while the said pinkette fumed. Sasuke rolled his eyes at his two teammates before catching Akimi's gaze. "Tomato soup sounds nice." Akimi nodded and waited for Sakura.

Sakura blinked, scowling minutely at the still-smug blond before staring at the silverette. A shy rose blush on her cheeks. "A fruit salad, I guess...?" she said with slight uncertainty.