Ch29: Chuunin Exams-Preliminary (Part 1)

Hey again! Sorry for the late update. I couldn't use the computer for while since it broke temporarily. I apologize.

But in return, I give you guys long chapters! And I won't take too long on updating too, since I am quite motivated to continue writing the chapters. This is also my chance to practice and test my skills in writing fight scenes!

Enjoy~!

05/29/18: Sup! I added a pic of Akimi hugging Shikamaru! A scene in the chapter. ;)

*Third*

Three days has passed quite smoothly and quickly. But all good things come to an end fast. Akimi was dreading this moment, but the thing that worried her most was because of the curse mark. Her chakra was messed up and limited, so the only option for her was to not use it as it may unwillingly activate it (though she could control it—not that anyone would know that...yet). She was also worried on how Haku and Zabuza were going to react. They both were overprotective over Akimi, so the chances of them going after the Snake-Sannin were high. She sighed inwardly, almost felt a little bad for Orochimaru... Almost.

When Team 7 was in the canteen on the fourth day, they saw how many teams had actually passed. Team 8 and 10 passed. Then there was Gaara's team with his siblings, Kabuto's team, Dosu's team, and Lee's team (Team 9). Altogether, there were twenty-two participants in total in the exams. Akimi had a feeling that Anko would be slightly impressed as her prediction of half the people would go down. There were seventy-nine Genins before the exams, and now there were twenty-two.

They were all now in the main hall of the tower. Akimi momentarily looked around to observe the room they were in. They were standing in front of the Hokage with massive hands that were formed in a tiger-seal formation. With Sarutobi were all the Jounin-senseis and other Chuunin proctors, including Ibiki, Zabuza, and Haku.

When Akimi's purple gaze landed on a Sound Jounin-sensei, her eyes narrowed into a hard glare—she knew he was Orochimaru. Almost as if feeling her gaze, the Jounin turned to look and his eyes widening microscopically at being found out quickly, but smirked darkly, catching her gaze and his smirk widened a bit when Akimi silently hissed, her hand twitching to reach to her neck; the mark was pulsing ever-so-slightly.

Akimi clenched her jaw, snapping her gaze away from the 'Jounin'. She didn't notice the way Sarutobi glanced minutely at where she last stared, or how Sasuke and Sakura frowned worriedly at her.

"First of all, congratulations on passing the second exam." Anko spoke up in a loud tone, her voice resonating through the whole room and everyone turned her way. She folded her arms on her chest, gazing at every one of the Genins but lingered a little longer at the silverette, Akimi, at her curse mark but swiftly looked away before anyone to notice.

Chouji's stomach growled a bit, not too loud or too quiet. "I'm hungry..." he muttered, a small frown on his face. Chouji had already eaten before they were called here, but he guessed it wasn't enough.

Shikamaru glanced at his friend before looking around the room, resisting a scowl from showing. "There are still this many remaining? This is too troublesome." he grumbled. Ino scowled at her teammate (Shikamaru obviously ignored her) and looked at Akimi's direction.

"Akimi-chan and her team passed. Including the others." she smiled, inwardly gushing and worrying about the silverette in her head. But Ino noticed how Akimi's pinky in her right hand was twitching every now and then. She frowned a bit, from what she's gathered and the times she hang out with the silverette, Akimi only twitches her pinky-finger when feeling nervous, anxious, and agitated. Was it because of earlier? In the forest?