Ch~21: Chūnin Exams-The Forest of Death! (1/2)

NARUTO

Akimi's POV///

I only made it so far out of the building before I felt someone grab my arm and drag me away. I look and saw that Sasuke was dragging me away, "What are you doing, Sasuke?" I asked in slight shock.

"Sasuke?" Sakura says, seeing this and following, along with Naruto who was screaming at Sasuke to let me go.

We only stopped when we were at Team Seven training grounds, Sasuke let go of me and stepped in front of us, "What's wrong with you?" Sasuke asks, looking at me.

I looked at him confused, "I think I should be asking that question."

"Yeah, Akimi-chan. Are you okay?" Sakura asks me worriedly.

"Yeah, Aki-chan!" Naruto agreed.

Sasuke looked at me, "When Kabuto began speaking to us, you didn't speak up or even say 'Saa' like you usually do."

I looked away nervously, was I that obvious? I know I didn't even say 'Saa' once, but...this isn't the time for that.

Naruto snaps his fingers, "I remember that! I was going to ask you, but we had to do the test."

I flinched.

Sakura narrowed her yes at me, "Is something wrong, Akimi-chan?" All three stared at me.

"What makes you think that anything is wrong?" I ask them.

I felt all three of their gazes at me, I sighed in defeat, "..... Fine."

Naruto and Sakura grin while Sasuke looks smug.

"I don't trust him," I said.

Sakura raised an eyebrow, "What do you mean? We've only just met him,"

"And he was awesome!" Naruto shouts.

I look at the floor, how do I say this? I can't tell them the real truth yet. I'd sound crazy. Think Akimi, think. I sighed, "I saw it with Shirokami's chakra," I said after thinking for a moment.

"Saw what?" Sasuke questions me.

"On his Hitaiate, it has a Leaf symbol. But once I focused Shirokami's chakra on my eyes and looked at it, I saw the Sound symbol." I explained half of the truth to them. Well, Shirokami's chakra mainly focuses on Genjutsu's, memories, and Medical Ninjutsu. And Asudo's is Ninjutsu, Enhancing, and a bunch that's still unknown to me.

Their eyes widen, "What?!" Naruto shouts in shock.

"I knew Kabuto-san was suspicious. But why would he lie?" Sakura asks, looking confused in the end.

I bit my lip, should I just go for the kill?

"You know something else, don't you?" Sasuke demands.

I nod.

"What is it, Aki-chan?" Naruto asks in concern.

"I think he's working for Orochimaru," I said after a few moments of silence.

Sakura's eyes widened, "No way!"

"Is it true?" Sasuke looks at me.

I nod my head, "He is, and I'm afraid that Kabuto is working for him."

"That's crazy, Akimi-chan." Sakura says.

I sigh, this is what I was afraid of, that they'd think I was crazy, "Guys, just trust me. The Hokage told me to be wary of people,"

Naruto looks at me, "Are you sure?" He was being uncharacteristically serious, which I found slightly unnerving.

"Hai," I said.