18. Spider-man

Peter Parker stepped out of the black car, his whole body was stone cold. The car he exited sped away down the school parking lot. Lights from the building flashed, signaling that Homecoming had already gotten underway. Balloons were tied to the stair railings and glitter twinkled everywhere.

      His chest was beating a mile a minute. Adrian Toomes was the Vulture, and also his dates Dad. The flying Monster guy was Liz's Father. He couldn't hide the horror on his face as he looked up to the main doors. A disco ball could be seen spinning, its lights reflecting all over the windows. Inside that building were his friends, his bullies, and even his almost date.

      Man if Jessi were here, he would have just gone with her. Liz has always been one of his crushes, but from the first second he laid eyes on Jessica Stark, he was done.

       The only reason he went with Liz was because he wanted to get Jessi off his mind. It's not like she's ever coming back anyway, she made that very clear on that rainy day. The day they kissed, the day she left.

      Peter Parker took a deep breath, knowing full well that he had to ditch Liz here and go after Toomes. That man cannot get away. He left his cellphone in his black car, so now all he has to do is track it and find Toomes location.

"You look like you've seen a ghost" a girls voice spoke from beside him.

      "Oh yeah, I've-" Peter began to speak, but then realized that he didn't know who was talking to. He jumped slightly, spinning around to face who it was. Someone was leaning up against the stairs in the shadows, the lights from the school weren't reaching them. He narrowed his eyes, his senses were already on high alert.

"That was Toomes, wasn't it?" The voice asked.

"Who are you?"

      "Liz's Dad. The Vulture"
The girl stepped in to the light and lowered her hood, her short hair falling into place above her shoulders. Peter gasped, taking a look around before making his way to her. Nobody had noticed her there yet "My Father, April, Toomes, it's all connected"

      "J-Jessi?" His voice faltered. He couldn't believe his eyes. It's been two months. She looks absolutely gorgeous. The short hair really complimented her facial structure. She seemed so calm in that moment.

"Hi Peter" she smiled "How are you?"

      "You're back!" He exclaimed, a little too loud. He looked around to make sure that nobody was listening.

      "And I need help, and from what I can see, so do you. A friend of mine has been captured, and is being held against his will at Toomes compound with a manic named April. I need you to help me get him back, and if we need to fight... then I may need your help with that too"

      "What about Liz?" He asked, gesturing towards the main entrance to the school "She doesn't know about what her Dad does. He told me to forget this whole thing happened, but I don't know if I can. I don't want her to get hurt"

      "Go tell her... that you have to go. Peter, the longer we wait, the further he gets away" Jessi took his hand. Peter nodded, understanding what he had to do "Meet me by the buses" she flipped over her hood and disappeared in the shadows.

      "Wait-" Peter outstretched his hand.
She paused, barely visible. She glanced over her shoulder. He didn't know where to go from here. Jessi Stark was right there, someone he's only dreamed about since the eighth grade "I... I'm happy you're home" she smiled, and left.

                                       ***
Jessi's POV

      Peter was going on a date with Liz? That was a surprise. I know this is ridiculous, but I couldn't help but feel a pang of jealousy. But I suppose that I had that coming. I left, I asked for it. But now, those thoughts must stay behind me. We have an actual problem on our hands.