32. Loki

A/N : Hey guys! Thanks for reading! I probably should have mention SPOILERS because Thor Ragnarok is still kinda new and people haven't seen it yet. But don't worry, Jessi is not involved in the Ragnarok plot, just the Doctor Strange beginning part of it. And also, there aren't many chapters left in this book... and that's means it'll all be over until Infinity War which doesn't come out till MAY. Ugh, it's going to be a long wait.

I just flippin love you guys, thanks for everything.

***

"So why did this Doctor guy send you to find me?"

"Maybe because he wanted a mini Avenger reunion... that or he's just lazy"

"He does sound pretty lazy"

"Everyone can be lazy"

Thor and I stood at the crosswalk, waiting for the signal to flash green. We had been walking across town toward the address for about thirty minutes now. Cars roared passed us on the busy street. A man was to my left, and was selling delicious smelling hot dogs in his food truck. Thor had bought a couple hotdogs (with my money if I may add) and was currently stuffing his face with them. He wasn't even trying to keep his identity a secret like I was. A few people had already approached him, asking for pictures and autographs. I pretended not to be associated him when those moments came. Being under the public eye has never been my cup of bubble tea.

Across the street from where we stood was the building that the address belonged to, 177A Bleecker St. It was a regular looking structure that blended in. You'd never guess that a magic man lives there "I still can't believe it" I shook my head "The King of a whole other world was living in a retirement home just ten miles away from the Tower, and I wasn't even aware. Think of all the stories he could tell"

"I've told you plenty of stories about Asgard and the nine realms" Thor defended, throwing the tinfoil from his hot dog into a sidewalk trash can.

In his other hand he clutched his mighty hammer that was disguised as a black umbrella. Funny thing is, it's not even raining "Yeah but, he's the king" I pointed out "He's wise and old and cool-"

"And what am I?" Thor asked, anxious to hear the answer.

"Um, blonde?" I offered.

"Oh" he smirked, running his fingers over his hair that was held in a loose ponytail "Thanks" he nodded, clearly happy with the answer. I laughed at his response just as the crosswalk turned green. We looked both ways before following the crowd across the road. He hopped up onto the sidewalk and started up the stairs to the front door of the building "Here hold this" he handed me the umbrella.

"You know dang well that I'm not worthy" I raised my hands up quickly, refusing to hold it.

"I know" he chuckled to himself, giving the umbrella a good toss in the air "I just wanted to see if you'd actually do it" he knocked his large knuckles against the door two times. All of the sudden, our bodies flew through the closed door. We stumbled inside. The air blew my jacket hood off. I steadied myself on my feet, trying to make sense of what just happened. It must be Doctor Strange working his crazy magic.
I adjusted my short brunette hair and rubbed my hands together "Well that was interesting" Thor said in a slightly confused tone.

"Thor Odinson" The Doctors voice filled the dark foyer. His body levitated in the air once again in front of the window. He really likes floating in front of that window as an introduction, doesn't he? I mean, it's a cool shot and all. He seems like a badass "God of Thunder" he made his way down the stairs and landed gracefully on his feet. The Doctor looked down at the umbrella that Thor had raised in defense "You can put down the umbrella" he said in a monotone, not threatened by the Hammer in disguise. Of course he knows that it's not an actual umbrella.