30. Red Capes

A/N : Yo my dudes, the Infinity War Trailer... I can't even process things rn. This is what we've been waiting for everyone, everything leads up to the War. Can't wait! Love you all!

      After school, I stood in the hallway outside of the schools library. MJ and Ned along with a few other Academic club members were already inside and preparing for the meeting.

      Not many kids were left in the building, they had all vacated the area once the final bell rang. I stood with my cellphone pressed against my ear. My other hand was shoved in my black cargo jacket pocket. Peter was getting water at the fountain down the hallway. We were waiting for my Father to answer the phone.

"Hey kid" his voice finally answered after the fifth ring.

"Hey"

"How was school?"

"Eh"

"What'd you learn?"

      "I learned that my Physics teacher is an idiot" I replied, looking around the hallway to make sure that Mrs. Boseman wasn't anywhere in earshot. Peter quietly chuckled at that, coming to stand beside me so he could listen to our conversation. I crossed my arm over my chest, letting my other arm lean against his.

"Well that sounds like a good day of school, Jes"

      "Oh, I guess it was" I shrugged my shoulders "Anyway, there's an Academic club that is meeting after school like right now. They would like me to officially join, can I stay after? It'll be over at four"

      "Umm... not today hun. Sorry, I know you've mentioned it before. I just need you here at the compound, there are still some things that need to be sorted out"

"Right" I nodded, understanding his reasoning.

"I'm sorry, kid"

      "No no, it's fine, seriously. I'll see you in a bit" I hung up the phone and blew a long breath out from my lips, slipping my phone into my back jean pocket. Peter pressed his lips together, already knowing the answer "I can't today, hopefully next week. My Dad's still in his protective mode"

"I get it, no worries" Peter raised his arms "I'll tell them that you had to go home"

      "Thank you" I bent down and scooped up my book bag that was resting on the floor against the lockers "See you tomorrow" I stepped forward, placing a kiss on his right cheek. Even though we've been doing this dating thing for awhile now, he still tensed up slightly. I humorously rolled my eyes and turned away, heading towards be main doors of the school.

"Hey, Jessi" he called my name as my hand gripped the handle of the door.

"Hm?" I asked over my shoulder, the door was already partly open.

      His hands opened and closed at his sides as his lips started to form words but hardly anything came out "I uh, I'll... I. See you tomorrow" he said the last part quickly, almost as if he was about to say something else but in the heat of the moment decided to change his mind.

      I felt a smile tug up on my lips that transformed into a grin "I love you too" then I left the building and walked to the parking lot where my car was. My Dad had so graciously given me a car to drive so he wouldn't have to make the hour long drive to school just so he could drop me off. Of course, there were dozens of tracking devices installed into the car that tell him exactly where I am and how fast I'm going. That isn't a big deal though, I appreciate that he's looking out for me.

      Outside in the parking lot, there were still some students hanging around. They talked with each other by their cars, some of them smoked towards the back of the parking lot. My maroon colored sports car sat waiting for me in the assigned parking space. It was the nicest car in the lot, perks of being rich. I usually don't like to brag about being wealthy, but I really did like this car. The stereo system is to die for.