31. 177A Bleecker St.

"You've been having some pretty weird dreams lately, haven't you?" Doctor Strange asked as he stood across from me after I had told him that I knew what the stones were. They had come to me in flashes and dreams, and I can only vividly remember them.

I was still at the door, but in light of the sudden switch in conversation, I decided to stay and speak with him. He didn't seem like the kind of man who would go out of his way to hurt me. He was a Doctor after all. Besides, we met like once before already so we're chill "Yes" I leaned my back against the front door and shoved my hands into my black jacket pockets "But they aren't consistent, and they always seem to leave my memory as soon as I wake up"

"Is there anything that you do remember?"

"I don't remember seeing, I just..." I met his eyes, trying my best to put my thoughts into words "I remember a feeling" he tilted his head to the side, wanting for me to continue "The feeling that, that life itself is ending"

"And you feel that the gems are somehow involved in this?" The Doctor asked, seeming genuinely interested.

"No" I shook my head "They are the cause of it"
Doctor Strange took a deep breath. This was real. They weren't just dreams. The look in his eyes says it all. He brought me here because I know something about these stones that no one else does, but the thing is... I don't remember what I know. It was all so confusing.

The Doctor dropped his eyes to the chain that draped around his neck. It was an eye shaped necklace that glowed a mystic green color in the dark. I immediately noticed it, getting that same feeling that was present in my dreams. The feeling of dread. Then out of nowhere, another flash hit me. The weightless feeling of floating through purple space. Ominous clouds approached. Multicolored stones surrounded me. They turned my skin a rainbow of colors. Then as soon as it hit me, the vision went away.

"The name whose names means annihilation" I whispered "That's what I remember"

"Who are you talking about?" The Doctor took a cautious step forward, his eyes hard.

I look up to him and shook my head "I don't know who" The large clock on the wall chimed in that moment, telling us that it was three o'clock in the afternoon. I suddenly remembered that I had a curfew, and my Father wanted me to be home soon. It would take me an hour to drive home because the compound is upstate "Oh no" I face palmed "I need to go"

"Not so fast!"

"Yes so fast!"

"I need your help" The Doctor caught my arm as I was just about to open the door to make a swift exit.

"I will call NYPD!" I raised my voice to scare him off.

He let go of my arm, but gave me an unbelieving frown "No you won't" he shook his head.

I pursued my lips and gave him a small shrug "No, I won't" I admitted, but that's because this interaction was the most exciting thing to happen to me in weeks. This guy was weird, and probably had a lot of power.

He must be a wizard of some sort, even the way he dresses makes it seem like he can perform magic tricks or something "But I can't help you, Doctor" I told him sternly "I can already tell that you're a lot like the other super hero people that I've hung around. I told myself the moment that I returned, that I didn't want to be involved in any of this stuff anymore. It had killed me everyday since I was twelve, and I just want to be normal for once" I held up my pointer finger "for once"

The Doctor skillfully pulled a small tan card the size of a playing card out from his suits sleeve. He held it in between his pointer and middle finger and handed it to me "Can you take this to someone for me, please?" I took it slowly, reading the words printed on in cursive.