Chapter-2 Arthit

Last night I had to do overtime again. This overtime again and again in spite of twelve hours of regular shift is driving me insane. I am left with no time after reaching home & then having my meal is no exception. Spare time is no longer my stuff anymore, I'm trying my best for this promotion. I want so bad to earn this title. But my seniors ain't a joke they are taking a hell lot of advantage of my helplessness.
Earlier I used to think that Kongpob is super busy with the hazing activities as I went through the same but it seems like I'm the only busy guy now. I remember how he always managed time for me despite of his regular errands. I'm pleased that he once mentioned ," I know that I have some responsibilities towards my juniors but I can't ignore the fact that I also have responsibility towards my boyfriend". I may sound corny but I can never forget how cheesy it was and how it melted the leftovers of my heart.
The best time of my life was when I dared to express him my love at Rama VIII bridge after P's wedding. It took me long to realize that I love him too the way he loved me. He expressed first & I realized later that's the only difference. I feel sorry for him for the time I ignored him. I was really vexed at that time , but it's never too late to realize your love. He was confused too when I took him with me on that bridge. I argued with him regarding the issues we had and planted a smooch softly on his lips. I was never sure until I did it & yeah that was my answer for going steady with him. The man I love .
If someone question me right now if I still love him or not then the answer is simply, "Yes, he's the only one". I know it could also be a she , but no it can never be a she . It only has to be him.
Lately, I miss him a lot. This work pressure is driving me more away than the distance between us. We talked almost a week ago. And for months I'm stuck here in Chiangmai. The last time we met was 4months ago. I long so much for his touch and for his existence. I'm always busy so that I can't make a move , but he can at least be the one to call me first . I mean why does I have to call him first, can't he approach first to me the way he used to do earlier. This boy has been kind of grumpy nowadays.
                       ****
I woke up sharp at 6am. I slept only for 4hours since last night. My phone was resting on the top of my cabinet eager for some charge. I picked up the battery dead phone and plucked it into the nearby socket. In the morning, the worst part is preparing the breakfast as most often I feel so idle of doing it. I wished if Kongpob was here he would have cooked for me, he may even prepare pinkmilk as well. After having French toast and tangerine juice for breakfast I switched on my phone before leaving for work. I could notice a text appearing on the screen. Eagerly tapping on the screen I opened it. To my surprise it was Kongpob , he might be missing me as well. Oh My Boy ' I told to myself. In his text he wrote, " How are you? Call me when you are free , I've called you a thousand times but your phone is switched off. "
I cursed myself for missing the opportunity, I wanted to call him immediately but I didn't want to spoil his sleep, he even has to attend school . So I waited until we both were free.
It was my lunch time at office when I was finally free for an hour or two. I picked up my phone and called Kongpob. It rang constantly but he wasn't picking it even after my several rounds of attempt. I eventually stopped calling and angrily started to gobble down my food. After I was done with lunch , my phone finally beeped. I picked it up without any delay to listen to his voice, his words after ages .
'Hey!'
Hello
'How are you P'Arthit?'
I'm fine Kongpob, how are you?
'I'm okay P. Have you took your meal?'
Yeah I did. You?
'Yeah, me too. Sorry I was kind of busy in a project so couldn't pick your call in the library'.
It's okay even I couldn't receive your call last night.
'That's okay with me, I'm glad that you called."
Never mind I need to go to work now.
"Uh-okay.......bye!'
Bye
"I miss you".
That's the last words he said before cutting the call. This guy surely knows how to make my day, I wanted to say him as well that I miss him but I didn't want him to feel coy , or might be I was the one feeling shy. He always know how to say a special thing or do a special thing to make me feel special. I regret for never being an idol boyfriend to him the way he is to me.
Today was one of the shortest day in my whole working period. I can also say one lucky day as well, today Kongpob called me thrice. Probably, that made my day luckier than usual.