Chapter-3 Kongpob

Mornings are the best part of a day , birds chirping in the distant tree seems like a sweet melody. It automatically enhances the beauty of morning itself. I just love birdsong. In my childhood I had several pairs of pigeons as my pet. My grandmother bought me these during my ninth birthday. But I lost them all one by one. I lost everything I had one bye one , mom was so busy of her own that she never bothered to look at me. And my Dad was always far away from us due to business trips. I remained alone most of the time. Though sometimes grandmother visited me but it already stopped after she suffered from a cardiac arrest.
The sky today was a fine blue one with fluffy clouds imprinted brightly on it. I removed the curtains from my window and placed the dried flowers into the trash. Intentionally my eyes traced the date stated on my calendar , it sent a vibrating sensation to my heart as it was the best day of my life. It was our third year anniversary. The old memories flashed back right into my mind. Last year , I was really tired after the engineering gear giving ceremony, which was the last ceremony of SOTUS which we did to ensure our juniors that we officially accepted them. After a really tiresome day I immediately fell asleep as fast as I reached my condominium. Sharp at 12 O'clock midnight P'Arthit texted ,"Meet me downstairs". I knew it that the next day was our anniversary but I completely forgot that it's the next day I was thinking about and it's already 12am now. I rushed downstairs in my same old pajama and T-shirt to meet him. When I reached ground floor he was standing in front of his car in a very elegant tuxedo. His hairs were brushed sideways. He smelled more of like a vanilla custard with whatever cologne he applied. I simply looked like a pauper in front of that. I asked hurriedly, 'Anything wrong P'Arthit Krup?' He just shook his head in a motion which suggested something was wrong. I eagerly asked what is it & where was he going dressed up like that, he mumbled softly,'funeral'. It made me totally deadpan, 'Who died?' I moaned but he didn't answer. He told me to get inside the car. I obeyed his order and got inside. After 15 mins of drive we reached an isolated place near a very fine lake. Beside the lake a small hut was artistically decorated with white flowers & soft deem light was glazing within it. He got out of the car first and then opened my door. He took my hand in his and asked me to follow him. It was so absurd, if he was planning something why didn't he tell me. I was dressed up so badly. I felt really about it. I shrugged," Who died Krup?" He raised his eyebrows and answered,'It was a joke'. P'Arthit is not funny at all when he crack joke , his jokes are scarier than it should be funny. It worried me to dead when I thought someone died. But it was such a lame joke to crack at midnight.
The hut was a really small one with flowers spreading all over and vanilla scented candles on the top of the table. We took our seat , he poured me some champagne while I noticed everything in detail he did for me. Momentarily, I felt as the luckiest person of the world, I was so pleased that he was already trying to make me feel special. I took a sip of the champagne and grabbed his hand. We both looked at each other for a long time until he whined,"Hey , Kongpob! don't do that to me . I feel shy ok?' He looks even better when he smile, his dimples are deeper than anyone else I've ever seen. His eyes are darker than night sky and he himself is the most handsome guy I've ever met. After toasting the drink we sat side by side. Out of nowhere he started to count the stars , he told me we would last for as many years as many stars we count. He can be really childish sometimes. We were both busy counting the stars when we both intentionally perhaps moved inches closer. He turned towards me and came closer and closer until he stopped a centimetre from me and whispered, "Happy anniversary". It pleased me so much that I pulled him closer and kissed him harder. This time he didn't let go of me. He hugged me tightly & planted a kiss softly on my neck. We remained together for the entire night until the dawn broke us apart. He insisted to stay with him but I wanted to go to my condominium so he gave me a company. That day I prepared breakfast and pinkmilk for him. While he helped me rearranging my books. It was his 199th time reading my diary where I mentioned every single special moments of us. 'Why do you always have to read that?' I told calmly. He muttered under his breath , "You don't have to know that Nong".
Everything is so reminiscing about him, especially today I can't try to forget him. Last year he was so fucking special to me, hence, this year I need to do something equivalent. Should I meet him up?
I was putting on my socks when P'Arthit called on my phone. I wanted to receive it and tell him that I wanted to meet him but I couldn't dare to. I was lost in my thought, "Should I Give him a surprise this year?" But Chiangmai is so far. I got to decide so fast.