Chapter-9 Kongpob

I couldn't believe for a moment that it could be him. After so long I saw his face. It reminded me of the old days; the good old days of course. It hadn't always been good, not even when he moved in to live with me, live with us. He was added to my responsibility, in a sense I shouldn't have care about him, but I pity his fortune so as mine.                                  
My family wasn't an animated happy one like dramas, it was really unusual. Mom never bothered to have a quality time with me nor with my father. Her social life was her first priority. Clubbing with her friends till late at night & working for earning for her own was her only motive.
Grandma used to prepare food when she was alright but after her cardiac arrest she couldn't continue that any longer. My dad's face could be seen in rare occasions. Going to school was the only time I wasn't alone.
One day I slept earlier than usual after completing my homework but to my dismay a boisterous noise wake me up. My parents were arguing over something & my mom were breaking utensils constantly. I shivered with fear, remained silent. I wanted to avoid it all. I mustered courage somehow to witness what was wrong, I slowly twisted my knob to see what was happening by peeping through a very little space within the door & the wall. Not very far from my room I distantly figured a boy somewhat of my age sitting on the sofa placed in the living room. That boy was weeping silently staring at the floor. I never saw this boy before & why was he weeping I could never even assume myself standing there as a child.
I never saw my Mom's face since then. A relative told she remarried while grandma told she just left for good & she didn't remarried. I don't knew whom to believe neither do I specifically believe anyone yet.
This little boy was later introduced by my Dad to me as my younger brother "S". When I realised how terrible it was to have a brother out of nowhere I literally felt ashamed of my parents. I knew my friends were going to laugh at me for that reason. I cared for S as much I did for myself but I never dared to introduce him as my stepbrother to anyone. I didn't want anyone to ostracise me for my ridiculous family. Whenever any friend asked about his identity I would just say he's a cousin instead of spitting out the true. He was my father's illegitimate son. I heard from S that his mother was beautiful woman , she was suffering from a disease & when she got to know about it , it was already too late for treatment. He used to live with her mother in their apartment in Bangkok but after his mother's funeral father brought him to our house. I never truly blame my father for this, as he also deserved happiness. Till I graduated high school I shared the same abode with him & my father.
                                  ****
"How are you P?" He whispered with utter excitement. He kept me hugging tight until replied,"I'm great S." My eyes were heavy with tears after seeing his innocent face. I could assume that he was also double excited for this accidental reunion.
"How come you're here?" I shrugged with disbelief.
"Oh P, I forgot to inform you that I recently credit transferred to this university for my science course. I had a interview to attend for my admission procedure, so had to stay long until all the candidates were done."
So, are you selected?
He stared dejectedly that scared me to death, but he changed his expression in a double quick of time as he shouted out,"I'm selected P, I can't believe I'll be attending the same university as you. I patted his shoulder to congratulate him. He instantly was so happy, I felt sorry for him, for all the years I kept a distance knowingly for my own comfort. I've never been a good brother. If I was then I would have invited him to come join it myself. Now I know how much he wanted me to him.
After completing my task, I was free to leave finally. I asked S if it was okay for him to join me for dinner, he nodded readily. It seemed like he was waiting for me for dinner.
After ordering food we both had a little chitchat. He told my father was a bit sick & he hoped to see me. I couldn't ensure him with certainty but I told him I'd try to visit him. During the meal I asked him,"Where are you going to stay tonight?"
'I've checked in a hotel, tonight I'll be staying there. Starting from tomorrow I'll be searching for a condominium."
"You can stay with me, if you want to."
' Seriously? Do you mean it P?'
"Yes, I do."
"But if you don't mind why don't you stay with me in the hotel? I've already paid for the service brother!"
He's so stubborn now, earlier he used to stay quiet as possible, he talked even lesser than he ate. I didn't get any reason to deny to spend a night with my brother whom I never spent my spare hours with.
"Okay, let's go then."
                         ****
The last time I was with P'Arthit was in a hotel it reminded me of him instantly. I thought of calling him but not when S was around. I didn't want to share with him my little secret. Eventually, he'll know about it but not now. I just don't want to tell him now.
My phone was already battery dead when I picked it up to call Arthit. Hence, picked my power bank out of my pocket to charge. Today was hell lot of a tough day, leaving my Arthit in Chiangmai, tired some journey & then tough task at faculty. I changed my clothing & then freshen up to get a sound sleep.
                             *****
I woke up at 8am in the morning. S was already sleeping tight but unfortunately not in bed, on the floor. Presumably, he fell down while in sleep. He got this bad habit since childhood, he used to fall down regularly, it bothered me so much that I used to put two spare pillows by his side. Every time he fell he didn't hurt himself. I never knew he still has that same old habit. My phone was resting on the cabinet. I unlocked the screen & pressed on the recent calls. P'Arthit called me for 10 times. And absurdly one call was within the received ones. Who could pick it up? "What the hell!" I cursed myself under my breath. "Did S picked it?" I'm so dead. Arthit is going to kill me, if he's doubting me by any chance. He had this bad habit since our first month of relationship, he is so skeptic sometimes. He even misunderstood me with Praepalline, only time he was relieved was when I cleared it. But what am I going to tell him now? We barely talked about our family, we are so full of ourselves. I never mentioned about S for once. What should I do!!