Chapter-8 Arthit

I watched him until he was just a miniature figure due to the distance he was standing, not very far still far from my presence. When he turned back, supposedly he knew that I was still standing there watching him to leave. I waved him bye with complete excitement, but pain inside my heart. Only I know how I'm going to miss him again. He'll just be a memory until the next time we meet. He promised me to return soon but I already know he won't be coming before his mid term was over. He's going to be so busy, so am I. Better we just wait for our next precious opportunity. Gloomily I hovered out of the airport with hope in my heart & faith in our love. The sun was blazing fiercely in the after noon in the crystal blue sky. Some cab drivers were resting in their cab undoubtedly waiting for passengers. I got one which drove me at my workplace.
Seniors were busy at their desk, some with their important files while some with their computers. The other competitors were busy arranging their presentations for their next design. It reminded me that my plan was half done still got more to complete for the new project. Bella was already doing the work by herself when I joined her. Something was certain absurd about her today, she wasn't talking much & seemed quite sullen. I was inversely opposite to her today, I was really cheerful than usual & could have done everything at once without complaining. My felicity was immense compared to anyone's sullen mood. Not able to bear the situations I hesitantly asked,"Are you okay ?"
She secured the files," I'm okay P, just a bit tired".
Lacking the slightest idea of how to compensate I ask for forgiveness.
She's quite sweet, she nodded as she replied it's okay P things like that happens.
I opened a file out of the most important ones, I was busy scrutinising every single details when she murmured," Was that guy your Boyfriend P?"
My eyes widened, but I don't want to hide the reality anymore. Without having any urge to hide the fact I confessed at once,"Yes".
She wiped her forehead with her palm tired with the work for a very long time since when even I wasn't around. She stared calmly at my direction as she replied," I knew it, you wanted some privacy right? I'm so sorry for being the third wheeler".
I assured her that it's okay, as even I was not expecting him that day. He just surprised me out of no where as it was our anniversary.
She raised her brow with determination as she asked "How long have you guys been dating?"
I answered with joy,"3 years".
She smiled pleasantly at me. She asked me hesitantly ,"will you share your love story with me?"
I agreed for someday soon, apart from at workplace.
*****
I reached home late as usual. The flowers he bought last night was carefully placed on the porcelain vase. It's incense is still wonderful, I poured water in the vase to keep it with me for a bit longer then usual. Who knows even if I save it up dried for the rest of my life. My bedroom was still messy, untouched from last night since we both left for hotel. I placed the bed sheet in right order & pillows accordingly. "This room smells so much like him", I thought coy fully. I tidied it all before I took a shower.
I warmed some frozen food in the microwave & switched on my television. I reminded myself I had to call Kongpob if he has reached safely.
It was so typical of him, after ringing for several rounds he tend to pick up my calls. I'm sure he reached a long time ago but he just didn't bother to ensure me he has reached. Such a weirdo!
I still kept on calling until he received.
A manly voice received the call, my Kongpob's voice is also manly but a little more softer. It'll never take me long to at least recognize his voice which was known for a long.
That guy over the phone said,"Hello",
I typically answered,'Hello, Kong..."
"Sorry, he isn't around".
'Who are you? And why are you picking up his call?"
"Im sorry but actually he's sleeping, his phone beeped so hard that I thought of receiving it."
Something cracked hard in myself, as far as I knew he didn't ever allowed even M to night stay then who's with him right now.
And most of all even if he was asleep then why wouldn't he pickup his call. It's ridiculous to believe he's with a guy & that guy received the call, while he's not even picking it up. I felt my face to burn hot with temper but I managed to stay calm.
I calmly said," Mention him that P'Arthit called. Okay?"
That guy supposedly his friend retorted,"okay".
The complexity of the situation burdened me to death. But I told myself that perhaps I was just over reacting & I just need to talk to Kongpob to solve it. Being a possessive boyfriend is too much.
Waiting for Kongpob to call me I remain awake all night long until I fell asleep at dawn. Luckily, it was Sunday so I got an entire day to sleep. But even in sleep I was having nightmares of Kongpob being with a guy. I was just creating a molehill out of a trivial issue. I love him that's what I know, & he loves me more. I'm sure.