Chapter-24 Arthit

The busy day seemed never to end that quick. Whenever, I picked the phone to call Kongpob, everyone in the office started to cause disruption in various way. The unwanted kiss last night, obviously, the forced one troubled me to death. I couldn't analyze that should I mention it to Kongpob about last night or should I act dumb. The more I mustered my courage to face him the more barriers enveloped me. The work overload deterred me from all sort of my attempt.
The day before the party I had to do an overtime because of my transfer related issues, which I had to pay off, while Bright left early with Belle.
I couldn't make time for kongpob that day. The most surprising fact was, he didn't even call me for once. It's not the usual scenario. He usually calls me atleast thrice a day, especially during meal time. But that day, I didn't know what bothered him to make a little time for me. I assumed perhaps he's busy so I let the matter simply to drop.
The next day was the D-day, I had yearned so badly to attend the gala with him, even we did the shopping together. No one knew how excited I was about the entire party stuff. Only because we were going to pair up. Unfortunately, my happiness didn't last for long. My mother called me early in the morning. I wanted to avoid her troublesome calls. But she threatened me to come over in text if I didn't pick up. I couldn't afford that at any cost. To prevent that sort of difficulties I received her call, unwillingly.
My relationship with my mother was not a conventional one like others, she was just a commanding lady. It was not like I was her obedient son, but I just listened to her just in order not to mess with her. We just never went along.
She instantly turned into an enemy when she proposed me with the offer to go for another date with Nungning. I had a thick layer of distaste for her in my mind. I would do anything just to get rid off her, but my mother took all the possible opportunities to hook me up with her. I told her I wouldn't able to because of a party to attend. She was always ready with instant evil ideas and she suggested me to take Nungning along with me. I denied her, but she was stern when she mentioned that I have to! I opposed her at my level best, only then she did mention, "You met her only for once! take her with you in the party today & still if you think she's not the one then I won't insist you anymore." That's how I ended up with that girl in the party.
The moment I saw Kongpob I was speechless. He looked hauntingly adorable in the suit which we actually matched for the occasion, with his Testoni loafer which I bought him last year on his birthday. He looked like Prince you would desire for, in your dream, until the dream becomes a complete nightmare because of a witch you are stuck with. I couldn't misbehave or talk rude with Nungning, 1. She was my mother's friend's daughter. 2. She was a girl. Hence, I had to behave respectfully with her, and most amazingly it was probably the last day with her. I wanted to discuss about her with Kongpob once I got some spare time in the party, but Kongpob left barely without giving me that chance. That could have cleared the misunderstanding, somehow. I couldn't bear the party for another long hour after he left. Even my friends were avoiding me, perhaps, because of the girl issue. They might have think that I was purposefully avoiding Kongpob or trying to hit on this girl.
I dropped Nungning at her place & then rushed to get back.
I parked my SUV in the parking lot and motionlessly made a move to get inside. I wasn't really glad today, after what just happened. It shouldn't have been like this.
Two miniature figure visible in the street light were jointly moving, not very far from me. I squinted my eyes under the broad street lamp to have a better view despite of my first notion to ignore. The figure didn't seem that much oblivious, in fact it looked more like Kongpob because of the suit on one of the two guy. My eye apprehended other one to be most probably S.
I horrendously shrieked out his name, but it wasn't even possible for him to hear out. On the top of that it seemed like he was carrying Kongpob. So even if he heard me it wouldn't be possible to reach me, dragging someone along.It stunned me as hell, it scared me to death at the thought "What could have happened to him!!" It felt like an anvil fell on the top of my head. I rushed madly towards them to discover what went wrong. I would never be able to forgive myself if I was solely responsible.
S stood unsteadily burdened with Kongpob's weight. Kongpob was undoubtedly unconscious, he didn't made an single effort to move. I fretted, "What happened to him?"
"He's drunk & blacked out," S groaned painfully.
"Where are you taking him?"
"At my place, P. Actually I searched for his room keys but that's nowhere to be found."
" You can hand him over to me, you don't need to take him along," I ensured him.
But he didn't seem to be convinced. He hesitated, "It's okay P, I'll take care of him. I'm his brother."
"I know right? But please give him to me! Don't you think it'll be far & burdensome to take him along with you? Did you bring your car?"
"No I didn't."
"Then give him to me, my home is the nearest."
"It's okay P, I can get a cab."
This guy was totally stubborn like his brother, he got solution for every single issue. It almost took an eternity to please him to hand Kongpob over to me. He told me that Kongpob was suffering through a sudden fever.
His body was hot as blazing fire. The temperature rose so high that I got trepidation. I placed his still body on my bed. He was still unconscious. His eyes closed tightly, still beautiful. And his forehead still burning with temperature. I lost my way in despair.
I placed the sponge & a bowl of water on the top of my chest drawer.I gently unbuttoned his shirt & swiftly rubbed his body with the sponge in order to give him a sponge bath.
After I was done with it, I dressed him in comfortable clothing. Then I veiled his body with the comforter.
Time to time I placed the wet piece of cloth on his forehead and then removed it to check the temperature. 3 O'clock at midnight he got back to sense, though he was still in trance. He uttered something vaguely but then again went back to sleep. I got the paracetamol out of my first aid kit and placed it in his mouth. He struggled to get it inside but at least my effort was viable.
It was a bit relief when he had the medicine otherwise the fever could have gotten worse. The day was a troublesome & tiresome one, my body ached so badly. My eyes kept on closing with the desire to sleep but I couldn't afford to sleep. If I was asleep then I wouldn't be able to take care of Kongpob. Keeping that in mind I made myself a strong cup of java & then prepared a hot bowl of clear soup for Kongpob. Once he woke up he might be hungry, even if he's not, he'll have to have something before next round of medicine. He can't have that in empty stomach.
He still laid peacefully on the bed, his mouth bent into a curve. It looked like he's smiling even though he's in sleep. His hair messed up from all these struggles last night. I hold his hand and rubbed it against mine.
I never wanted him to be in this position, although I was possibly the reason behind it.
He woke up at 8 O'clock in the morning. His eyes still beautiful and sparkling as last night, but it's gloomy & full of melancholy. His eyes yelled the untold words, he's not happy. Not happy with me. Not happy with us.
He didn't even look directly in my eyes, accept he blankly stared at the empty wall, taking his hands away from mine. He didn't say anything, just laid motionlessly.