Chapter-17 Kongpob

I parked my car in the parking lot. For a second, I forgot that our meeting point was the entrance of "Paseo Mall" not the parking lot. Insanely I dashed to the front gate, I didn't want Arthur to wait for me. Luckily, he wasn't waiting there. Some random people were moving around, couples & children with their parents. I stood still on the pavement, observing the movement around me. The better thought came up few seconds later to call him, I dialed his number, "Hey, how long it's gonna take?"
'I'm close enough, wait for a minute,' he said.
I put my cell phone in my pocket & had a look at my watch. It's only 8 pm I comforted myself.
Accordingly, a minute later, a car stopped right in front of me. Arthit got out of the car, & Belle was in the car. An uneasiness strangled my spirit but I let it go when I saw P'Bright was also with them. Arthit walked a bit faster towards me leaving them both behind in the car, P'Bright shouted at us, "I'm going to park the car with Belle, wait for us". I nodded with a usual smirk. Arthur was a bit nervous, I must say. He must be thinking about my convenience with Belle around. But it's totally okay now when she's with P'Bright and not pestering us. Arthit whispered to me, "I'm sorry I didn't want to take them along...it's just..."
"It's okay P, I don't mind."
"Seriously?" He sighed with relief.
"Is P'Bright hitting on her?"
"Yeah, he is. Even she seemed interested."
"That's great."
Minutes later P'Bright & Belle joined us at Levi's. Nothing was coming in our mind. P'Bright & Belle mentioned that they were also here for the party shopping. We all were equally confused about our outfits.
"I wanted to wear something unique, a dress as you like would have been the best option. But this Prem is too much. I don't get it why it had to be a Hollywood theme," P'Bright joked. Belle said she need to buy a gown so we had to split as she need to have a look at women section & we were to be on the men. I followed two of them to the Prada store, where they were looking for formal suits. I bought a navy blue one, while Arthit & P'Bright, both liked a maroon suit. The confusion was that they both liked the same one, while neither of them wanted to wear the same. I suggested P'Arthit that anything suits really fine on him so he should match with me. Ultimately, he agreed & bought a suit similar to mine but the color was a bit different. Somewhat of purple.
The suit was over, but the shoes & shirt was still not to be found. This two guys share a common problem of choosing while I decided really fast. I was really tired of roaming around from one shop to another. I hate a tough shopping, shopping should be like choosing & buying the first thing that catch your mind. Not the one which you have to think over. If you really need to think over a choice you made, then it shouldn't be your choice. It could be just a mind illusion.
P'Arthit gave up, & joined me. He was quite tired, it appeared on his face. "Are you tired?" I asked him. He told he's just a bit sleepy as he couldn't get some sleep last night.
Belle joined us after her shopping & suggested to watch a movie. I really wasn't in the mood so was Arthit I could say that certainly by his expression. Belle kept on insisting way too much, it was true that we didn't watch movie much. There is not even always spare time, to watch one.
P'Arthit stood by my side waiting for Belle & P'Bright who were buying the tickets at the counter. I remained mute, Arthit was not in the mood to talk so I didn't bother him.
My phone was ringing, all of a sudden. I picked the call to talk, someone just bumped into me mistakenly. I straightened my head to see the guy when I saw not far from us a known figure. It was S & M. I shouted out at them, "Hey, M!!"
M heard me but pretended not to. So I reached them instead. S looked a bit uncomfortable when he saw me, & M was totally suspicious. This gave me a thrill, why would he be here with by younger brother. Arthit, Belle & P'Bright came to us later on & told them to join us in the movie. M said they were here for the same movie so they will be watching it with us. I couldn't get the opportunity to carry out a questionnaire, hoping for the best opportunity. I mean if he's into my brother then why wouldn't he even ask me, I'm his best friend. That made me mad at M even more.
After Dinner, M took S with him. I told him that Arthit & I can drop him to his condominium, M just denied our offer. He claimed that he brought him for the movie so it was his duty to take him home. I glared at S sternly but he looked down, he was still vex. I know he's feeling weird, he wouldn't just tell me or to anyone. If M is just playing with my brother or arranging this hangouts without his consent then he is doing it so wrong. I was really frustrated, only I know how hard it was to cover it under my breath. Arthit was already looking at me when I stared him back. He was grinning, he looked paler than usual. His eyes were red, as if he cried the entire night long. It looked so puffy, despite of that he looked so innocent like an infant. His cheeks were chubbier, he was not like this earlier when I met him for the first time. He was still the same old guy for me. In fact his appearance was even more appealing.
I forced myself with a smile. He just slightly touched my shoulder & said, " Let's go."
Belle & Bright went together, so did S & M. Finally, I and Arthit was alone. I drove on our way home, Arthit sat next to the driver seat. My air conditioner wasn't working for the last few days & I was too busy to get it repair. Therefore, I had to keep my window open. My hairs were causing me troubles due to the heavy breeze. Arthit noticed it, he removed these loose strands of hair from my forehead which was blocking my vision. I thanked him driving the car, he started a conversation suddenly, " Kongpob.. S is dating M?" I stared idiotically at him & then in front, "I don't really know, neither of them told me."
He nodded.
"Will you be okay if they?"
I felt really uncomfortable when he said that, I've never thought about others or my own brother dating a guy. It was fine with me when I dated one. Most important of all was, I don't even know if M is serious with him, that bothers me the most.
"I don't know," I replied without thinking further.
Arthit laughed really hard, when I said so.
Then he said, " Are you okay with me?"
It felt like something hard just cracked up on my head. I stopped the car in the corner of the road & jerked him close, enfolded him into a tight hug. "You are the only one I'm okay with," I mumbled to him.