Chapter-22 Kongpob

The flowers in the distant red flame tree blooming at its best gave an impression of a mesmerising morning. The clean white clouds formed into a puff resembling cotton candy added to the beauty of the azure blue sky. Though the morning was tremendously beautiful my sick heart was still burning in the flame, & I was still in pain. I didn't contact him since yesterday, the abstract was neither did he called me for once. I tried my best all these years to react as less as possible, I exploded only when I'm unable to control, rather than that I always tried to maintain my patience to to overcome his short temper.
                               *****
I turned down the faucet, took the roll of towel & wiped the drops of water remaining on my body. I put on my usual sweat pant & a red t-shirt. I combed my wet hair & applied cologne. The lasagna I put inside the microwave prior to my shower was supposedly done by now. I pulled the door of the microwave & placed it on the table. The fascinating aroma of the warm Italian dish made me ravenous. Last day was hell of a lot. I couldn't nibble a single bite of food. He could have call me himself, or tell me what it exactly was, even if it was fake.
I was feeling shaky inside, though hardly controlled it.
M called me in the afternoon before I was about to take an unusual nap. I wasn't about to pick it up, only if he hadn't attempted missed calls completing a century. I accepted the call.
"Hey Kong! What are you wearing for tonight?"
"What's tonight?"
"Are you not interested about the party?"
"You guys enjoy, I don't feel like to attend it."
"Oh-come on!! Don't tell me it's because of P'Arthit," he groaned.
"It's not related to him, it's just, I don't want to."
"Listen Kong! we all were drunk back then. It could have been an illusion."
"If you or I saw then it could have been an Illusion. But we all saw the same, right?"
"Leave that for God sake & don't behave like a chicken."
"I'm not a chicken."
"Then show him off dude. Don't spoil your day at least."
"Okay I'll try to."
"You have to!! One more thing, you'll get a scope to resolve the issue or ask for a prompt explanation in the party, P'Arthit is going to be there!!"  he exclaimed excitedly.
I wasn't ready enough to attend but couldn't even dare to deny the opportunity. It was true I needed to find out what was it. I needed an apparent explanation. M is right, this thing need to be solved. Even if it was true I needed to hear out, I need to trust P'Arthit. I can't believe something that I saw when I was drunk and in trance.
The party lights shimmered gracefully lighting up the entire venue. Thankfully it was a party hall this time, not a rooftop party alike the last one. M, Oak, Prae, & Wad entered with me, as we all came together. M gave us all a ride. It was fun coming together & listening to their chitchat all way long.
The aroma of seafood & meat barbecue mixed with the incense of red wine filled the place dramatically. P'Bright was in the formal suit which we bought together. Belle was right next to him, tightly holding his hand into hers. She resembled an empress, her strapless maroon gown with defined design was artistically attractive. And she looked pretty, she was pretty of course. Undoubtedly, they both looked cute. P'Bright noticed us, he delightedly approached.
"Swasdee Krup."
"Swasdee Krup,P"
"You all are looking good, but not as good as me," he joked.
"I look better than you P," M pranked.
"That's hilarious." P added.
" Hey Kong! Why Arthit isn't with you?" he panicked.
"I came with my friends. I don't know." I calmly replied.
Momentarily, I felt I'm so oblivious to him. He didn't even ask me to come to the party with him.
M idiotically got on the stage, there wasn't any MC though. He took the opportunity to be on everyone's lime light. P'Knot came minutes later with her girlfriend, a beautiful tanned girl but looked a bit older than him.
P'Prem arrived after him with his foreigner fiancée. She's a beautiful Korean girl. Much taller & brighter complexion. She actually looked even better than Belle, at that moment.
Wad & Oak laughed behind me, "Annyeong-haseyo, annyeong-annyeong."
On the other hand, M took the responsibility of driving the boredom out of the party via his charisma. He proclaimed for a couple dance after various attempt of jokes that went right into fiasco.
Everyone got busy into the dance. Wad & Oak jocularly danced with each other, while M reached out for Prae. They danced delightedly enjoying the event, while I stood there feeling lonely, watching them all. P'Bright couldn't dance, his dance attempt was a disaster that spoiled the entire serene atmosphere. He just shook the floor off with his movements. Everyone started to laugh out miserably forgetting to dance. P'Arthit still hasn't arrived.
I took a seat in the dine-in table and pour myself a glass full of red wine. I constantly sipped it to keep myself busy doing something in the party, it was the least I could.
*****
He elegantly entered in his tuxedo which I insisted him to buy with a matching neck tie on top of it. He brushed his hair sideways, which he does in almost every special occasion. He looked dazzling as always. I kept staring at him, unable to move my gaze. He looked unimaginably handsome.
Immediately, a girl almost tall as him in high heels and a semi exposing maroon red gown entered. She was constantly looking at Arthit. I wouldn't react much if she didn't touch him. She placed her jet black sling bag on the right hand to hold P'Arthit's hand by her unoccupied left hand. She whispered something to him & giggled with an hidden unease. I wasn't any emotional masochist. I couldn't face him strongly after what I witnessed. I felt tears forming in my eyes, forcefully I controlled it from spilling out.
I saw him clearly when he entered, & it is almost impossible for him not to notice me from the spot where he stood. I couldn't assume that he tried to ignore me or he actually didn't see. I turned back unable to see someone with him. Instantly, I felt someone slightly placed a hand on my shoulder. I was hoping the person to be Arthit, despite of knowing the fact. M stood in front of me, his eyes clearly observing mine.
"Are you okay?"
"Why won't I be ?" I lied.
Arthit was dancing with the girl by now with the other couples. They looked better than us in contrast.
M knew I was not okay at all. He was such a good friend for so long that it didn't take him much to guess such a simple stuff. He squeezed my hands into his & consoled me.
"I'm at fault, I shouldn't have insisted you to come," M regretted.
"Don't blame yourself Mr.Chicken!"
"I'm not chicken" he shrieked."
"Wanna go somewhere?"
"Where?"
"Well, that's a surprise for you."
We nonchalantly walked past Arthit & the girl, I saw from the corner of my eyes that he was blankly staring at me. But he didn't utter a word. He remained frozen as ice. I & M left like that without bothering them.