Chapter-16 Arthit

White roses & scented vanilla candle. Satin pink curtain loosely hanging around a mini stage shaped figure within an immense venue decorated artistically with flowers and dim light. The entire place is empty, vacant seats waiting for someone to take the space but there is none . No one to toast the wine & no one to cut the isolated caked placed on the table. "Kongpob weds Arthit" that's exactly what is scribbled on the glittery banner & also on the cake. A drop of hot tear rolled down my cheek & my fragile heart shred into pieces. The entire place changed into a dark lonely packed up space within a matter of minutes where I started to struggle to inhale some oxygen, something was preventing me to breath even if I was trying hard to. His face appeared in front of me, I blamed my jinx fate but it's too late to erase out the mistake I committed. I felt so wrong; wrong about something I shouldn't have but when I try to recall what happened I can't remember. Can't remember what just happened, all I know is that I'm wrong.
My body shivered with fear, I felt so hot that I uncovered my body from the hot blanket. My room,filled with darkness, lights are off. Scared out of my wits, hot & bothered I rummaged for familiar objects. My hands searched for the lamp & panicked to switch it on. For a while I was lost in that nightmare trying to analyze it. Then it came crashing up my mind that it was just a bad dream, I felt silly to get worked up with that. I rested my head on the pillow and tried hard to get some sleep again. Unfortunately, the nagging sensation in the back of my mind stopped me from drifting off. I'm still scared to sleep again, I really want to avoid such kind of nightmare. I called Kongpob twice but he won't pick up, supposedly he was in deep sleep. Unable to sleep I started to count the sheeps but the sheeps were all gone & I remained awake for the rest of the night until it was a safe warm dawn to safeguard my fear.
Bright called me in the morning, the sleepless night washed up my energy & I looked deadly pale when I noticed my reflection in the mirror while brushing my teeth aimlessly. Konpob called me when I was having cereals in breakfast, couldn't prepare something due to shortage of time. I received his call, he was in a cheerful mood.
"Hey, you called me in the midnight?"
'Hmm.....I...couldn't...get...some...sleep,' I told him with adding much effort.
"Are you sick? Is it insomnia?"
'No it's just...yesterday. I'll call you later". I cut his call, I was so tired to even talk with him. I gobbled up my remaining food & stored the rest in the refrigerator. I cleaned the mess to get to go for work.
My eyes were burning red with sleep. Firstly, working up late is too tiresome without a proper sleep. Bright smirked at me when I reached office. My mood was so low that I couldn't concentrate in anything. Poor Belle had to help me out. During lunchtime Bright cunningly asked me, " What did you and Kongpob do last night?"
I didn't want to respond but he was so persistence that I had to reveal the fact to him. He assured me that it's a non relevant issue to worry about. I told him it's not just the nightmare but I'm sick of not sleeping well.
****
My mother called me today when I was engrossed in a meeting. When I checked my phone I saw she called for at least 20 times. I fretted to death thinking about if something went wrong at home. I quickly dialed her number on my keypad & made a call to her.
"Hey, Mom. You called me?"
'Yeah, I had something really urgent to talk with you.'
"Yeah, tell me. What is it?"
'I need you to meet someone in Bangkok by today.'
"I don't think it's possible today. Can it please be tomorrow?"
'Okay, but meet that person it's really important.'
"I'll try to, but what is it for?"
'Try to know that yourself, I'll text you the address."
What she is up to is up-to herself. I never could analyse her intention. Its always what she wants in our family, neither I have a say nor my father. I was the only child in our family. My parents always were against my choice since childhood, it was not like the other dominating only child of the family who could easily get what he wants. Whenever I demanded for anything I had to convince more and more until I realised I'm not getting it no matter how hard I try & finally I had to give up to them. It was just what they got for me I had to stay pleased with. In a typical budha family we just always need to be happy with what we have, wishing for more can be considered as a sin. Even wishing the basic thing was like a greed. I couldn't pressure my mind thinking about who the person & what the deal was. I just ensured myself,it's a simple job that I had to perform.
*****
Kongpob called me in the evening to remind me that we needed to go for shopping tonight. The party was within the next two days. So we had to get couple suits from his favourite outlet in the mall. I dealt with Bright to help me get an early leave. He traded on one condition, if I let him & Belle to join us. I told him he can, while I wasn't sure inside if Kongpob was okay with Belle.
Author's note: I'm sorry guys for such a late update. I'll try to update really quick from now on. It's a great success to gain 3k views within such a short time. I love you all for the support you all contributed to my fanfic and it's valuable characters. It won't be a disappointment I swear! Soon I'll be writing another special chapter for your enjoyment. Thank you❤️❤️❤️