Chapter-15 Kongpob

Waking up from the strong smell of strawberry cupcakes were subtle indication of one of my favorite person's presence in my condo. Only someone who loved strawberries the way I loved him.
The strawberry cream sticking right on his left cheek, while he took a sip of his favorite pink milk putting his sheer focus on the phone. He was not aware of me staring at him, like the very first time when we met years ago. That beautiful moment is a memory now. A precious one.
Few seconds later, he caught me staring at him. His face sparkling as always with the brightest smile in the world and his eyes squinted into a crescent moon   like the pride of the sky.
Keeping the plastic glass on the tea table placed next to him, he ushered in my direction. He enfolded me into a very tight hug & whispered very smoothly in my ears,
"I'm sorry."
These three syllables seemed like a bundle of compensation for the mistake he committed. I really wanted to know what has happened & why he left without informing me. But these words stopped me. At least he was sorry for neglecting me for the past few days.
"It's oh-kayy!"
I said. My heart filled with gaiety because of his return. Because of his presence I was yearning for. And also because of this little skinship which I was missing for long.
"I...want to ...."
He stammered. He was on the edge of saying something but that's when my alarm went off.
"I need to rush for office!!"
I exclaimed. I really needed to leave very early to attend the meeting on time. It was my very first task of the day. I kicked the blanket of me and got into the bathroom with my shorts on. In the hurry I forgot to take my towel but my boyfriend was there to hand me that.
I wasn't left with much time when I was getting ready, so P'Arthit placed an entire cupcake in my mouth. Chewing such a big chunk was a battle with my jaw and teeth. He was standing next to me: laughing & taking advantage of the situation. After a minute full of effort I successfully swallowed that in.
"Very funny."
I added sarcastically for his action.
"Yeah, very!"
He added. He was still laughing. His laugh was a gesture of his inundated innocence.
                                           *****
"Will you mind if I join you?"
He asked unnecessarily when I stepped inside my car. Undoubtedly he was in a very good mood today, which was reflecting in his behavior. Usually it's me asking him to get in my car or to allow me to drop him. Anyway, it was not time to worry as the fortune seemed to be in my favor.
"Do you need to ask that? Just get in!!"
I retorted.
On the way to his office I learnt the reason for his absence and the illness his dad is suffering through for the past few days. It was sad to know that his dad wasn't okay, but I was also afraid of his encounter with his mother. It's not that I hate her, but her caliber is well known to me after what happened last time. She doesn't like me at all, I can certainly say that without a background research.
He left with a peck on my cheek and with something yet to be told.
*****
For the next few nights we barely could talk because of our office issues. I had to stay a night away because of an inspection in the country side that I was assigned with by my senior manager.
The entire week was just a repeat of all these until it was Sunday.
On Sunday we take our turns in arranging his books in the book shelf, placing all his robots in an immense box and also locating and dislocating some of the items. I wasn't sure of his intention of changing his interior all of a sudden but it looked good. Better than before.
******
After rummaging his kitchen for long I found some of the required ingredients while some were still not there.
"P'Arthit!! For how long have you not been to shopping?"
I yelled to make it convenient for him to listen what I said. Though there was not any response.
His freeze was empty, so was the entire kitchen. Apart from the utensils and a few jars of spice, there was no raw or dry food items. He seldom ate out or at my place and he's a terrible cook, thus well justified.

After dinner, which we had to order from a restaurant, we both were having coffee in the balcony. I was not in the very mood to stifle my sleep with a strong cup of caffeine but I ultimately had to in order to accompany him. Coffee is my favorite drink but it is my enemy at night: just a cup is enough to make me feel insomniac.
He took a sip from the hot mug of coffee and hold the mug firmly with both of his hand, repeatedly.
"How is S?"
He asked, facing at the sky.
"He has safely reached his destination."
He nodded while taking another sip.
I was stirring my mug with a spoon to mix the sugar which was almost drowned without mixing well.
"I had something to share with you."
I remember him saying the same this morning but my alarm clock went off which deterred him from spilling out.
"Go, on!"
I said, turning back.
"I went back home."
I learnt it from P'Bright so it was not so surprising to hear it from him.
"That's alright."
I said.
"I went back home to meet my dad. He's not well & I couldn't resist."
"P'Arthit, it's alright. I don't want you to take my permission if you want to be with your family: I just need you to inform me. So that I'm not worried."
"I'm sorry."
He said in a softer tone with a feeling of regret expressed in his facial expression.
"I understand."
I replied to assure him it's okay.
"My mother.... she wanted me to get married."
He mentioned all of a sudden. The wind seemed to stop and a strange feeling covered my heart but my mind was consoling me of all the vistas of positivities.
"What does she wants?"
"She's okay with you."
He sounded very confident. In fact, if I take my father's acceptance into consideration then it was a moment full of gaiety. But something didn't felt right. Something was still left undiscovered.
"What do you mean?"
"Are you not happy?"
"I'm happy but that doesn't answer my question. Why did she approve all of a sudden?"
"She said she wants me to be happy."
Our first encounter was unpleasant & from what I realized, she was not a person to easily melt. She seemed quite egocentric & her hatred for me reflected on her face. Though I wanted to believe with my whole heart what my boyfriend was telling me to believe: I found it hard to believe. 
"But...she has a condition."
He said, his eyes fixing at mine, which was quite scary but sounded more reasonable.

#24 in life out of 27000 stories 💖