Chapter-2 Kongpob

The neon lights were flashing at me, as if it were intentionally signaling me to see the advert. I was too much tired after attending countless interviews for the past few months. The jobs offered were good enough for me, & I got selected for a few as well but I wasn't satisfied with any of them to a great extent. I had options, obviously. If I were not prepared yet then I could still attend a post graduate course. But it was not a solution. Not a really good one after proposing my boyfriend. I would never want him to take my responsibility, in fact it would be burdensome if I do nothing at all and he gets to bear everything.
The eye catching advert showed a holiday resort in Pattaya for couples. I was tired of this routine life, & P'Arthit was stressed inside due to several reasons of which some I knew & the rest I do not. "He's a person full of secrets". And also someone who never want to share tension. Perhaps, he's afraid of me being in stress. I just wanted to get lost with him somewhere out of this whole mess. Hence, the holiday package seemed reasonable to persuade me to get one for us.
                                        *****
I put my keys in between the keyhole in order to twist the knob but the door locked. It simply meant that someone was inside. Generally, P'Arthit always inform me before getting inside my condominium & as far as I remember I've never handed a spare key to S. It was quite mysterious to predict who was inside the door. I slowly twisted the knob & stealthily entered the room with my utmost care not to make a single sound. I wanted to catch the thief red handed.
My cupboard was hanging open, nothing was inside. I noticed from the corner of my eyes that someone wearing a dark green hoody & a loose sweatpant were putting all my clothes in a bag. It felt eccentric that the thief didn't react despite of my presence. I slowly moved closer & jumped roughly like a mad man on the brave thief.
"Kong!!!!," P'Arthit hollered so loud that the word pierced through my ears.
"Sorry-P'Arthit" I apologized with sheer sincerity.
He raised his brows, in attempt to show his anger as usual.
"What were you actually doing?" I chuckled out of embarrassment.
"I'm trying to clean up the mess."
As far as I know, I've already cleaned everything that was in my room.
"I've already washed....." he put palm of his hand on my face, supposedly to stop me from talking any further. His eyes were fixed at me. Two big gemstone sparkling at my direction. His eyes got bigger when he made a pout, this is how he usually vent his anger. I was reminded instantly.
"I'm throwing them away!!"
"Why-P?"
"There's no valid reason, but you can say I don't like my boyfriend wearing same clothes for a thousand times. "
"Then what I'm gonna wear, if you throw all of them away?" I added wittily.
He remained mute for a while, as if he was giving a thought to answer my question. But he ended up with a joke.
"Cool! Stay Naked!" he chuckled.
"You're being dirtistic!"
"What's that?"
There's no such word as being dirtistic in dictionary, as far as I knew. But I added one in my
own dictionary, in order to describe my guy.
"I made it up, to describe you!"
" I like it when you make such things for me."
" I never knew that before, thanks for mentioning! I'll try to make such things more often if that does impress you!"
                               ****
P'Arthit was busy doing the dishes when I got out of the bathroom after taking a long shower to attain some sort of spiritual relaxation. I put the wet towel on the chair and rummaged for my cream. I certainly needed to rub something on my face, after a not-so-viable day.
The pillow covers I washed last night was still in the balcony, I hoped it was dry as the other covers were not so clean. Thankfully the covers were dry enough for a sound sleep. I put them on the pillows & prepared the bed for us to sleep. P'Arthit took a seat on the bed with his laptop on his lap. He was typing something super speedily & simultaneously he spoke;
"Kongpob", very softly than usual.
"Yeah, P"
I answered in tone with his question.
Though he was indulged in his own job but he was also worried over something. There were lines of stress on his forehead as he made these words out. And his facial expression was not so predictable.
"Did you get a job?"
I knew it so well, that he would be asking me this question someday, very soon. But I never knew that it would be this soon.
"Well....yeah P."
I felt hesitant as I uttered these words out. It was true that there were still some job options which were available for me, for which I was selected in as an employee. But to be very true I wasn't interested in any of them up to a very great extent. I wanted a job that would appeal to me.
If I say such things to P'Arthit then he might end up being offended. After all "Job-is-Job" no job is particularly designed for me. It's just me hoping for more.
P'Arthit put his laptop aside & laid on the bed very close to me. He turned to my side & smoothly whispered,
"I hope you take the job this time."
I smiled at him, my reaction buried under my expression. I thought it'd better if I stay dumb till the right opportunity is within my reach. After all I couldn't afford to ruin the atmosphere. Especially, when I was about to proclaim something really important. I adjusted the pillow underneath my head & deeply sighed,
"P'Arthit, I'll be joining a company very soon."
He got excited in a matter of second, hearing out my words. His mouth curved into a very-happy smile which showed off his dimples.
"Seriously??- When!!" he demanded.
"Soon, but before that I've a condition."

Two days later he called me when I was still attending a job interview without his knowledge.
"Kongpob ! I've taken 3days off from work! Will that work?"
To be honest, at first I thought we won't be going. As P'Arthit never agrees for anything at once. Moreover, we've never went on a vacation before. But it amazed me that he actually did agree. It was some sort of hidden indication that I have to attend a job at any cost or else a felony was on its way!
Keeping all these thoughts aside I said,
"More than enough!"
So finally the holiday mode was on!
                                *****

Hey, guys! Here goes my Kongpob's point of view. To be honest I love Kongpob more than Arthit. But I never show that off. As I've discovered that my readers love Arthit way too much!! One thing I'd like to mention is that my preference for one will never be a reason for any kind of bias. I love both of them unconditionally.
I'm sorry that it took me really long to update this chapter, but my IELTS exam is tomorrow so I was preparing really hard for that! Pray for me! ❤️ if I get a band score of 8-9 then I'll write a super special chapter, I swear 🔥💕
By the way my sister, afrinalim is a super-intelligent editor who helped me to edit my story all so long! So some credit goes to her as well! Thank you for helping me! ❤️