Chapter-26 M

In the morning S called me. I was deeply lost in a cozy sleep, but I picked it anyway. He told me that he was coming at my place. My heart skipped for a second & I woke up right away. I couldn't sleep any longer. Though, he mentioned he'll be coming in afternoon. I couldn't delay any longer. I took an early morning shower, then went for shopping. As my refrigerator was empty. I had to go for a quick shopping, after all I had to serve him something to eat. I heard it from my mom, "Feed as much as you can, especially the person you love. Food has a deep connection with love." It's weird! How come food has connection with love, I used to ask her. She said locals used to say so.
I returned home with lots of fresh ingredients & drinks from Tesco. I planned to make something incredibly delicious only if I knew how to. I've always ate outside at restaurants. I knew well how to eat, but cooking? Uh-m no, it was going to be tough. Kongpob could have help me, but he himself was in the state who needs help. I couldn't ask him. Especially what happened last night, he had completely broke down. He's even ill. I wanted to call him, just to check out how he was, but I assumed him to be sleeping. Hence, disturbing him wasn't my idea.
I put all the meat in a bowl and placed it on the kitchen sink for a wash.
My brain stormed with the idea to search on YouTube for the recipe, but for that I had to switch on my iMac which was idly lying on my bed. When I got back to my room, unfortunately it was not in its good state. I forgot to clean it up. Even the living room was in the same situation . Firstly I had to clean the mess before I could start my cooking session.
My room looked more of a squalor with clothes & tetra packs of soya milk spread all over. I never knew where the cleaning to start from. Earlier, when I was in high school, my mom used to clean my room for me. I was lethargic back then & so am I now.
I boiled the spaghetti on one stove. On the other stove I tried to prepare the spaghetti sauce.
I tried my level best to make it taste well. It didn't taste that bad though at the end. It was viably edible.
******
Precisely at 12pm the doorbell went off. I was idly playing a game on my phone when I realised that. I threw my phone on the the couch & rushed to the door to open it up quick.
He stood at my doorsteps in a beige baggy pant & a hoody. He looked more like a Korean celebrity with these clothing on him. His fringes were messy but still seemingly arranged in an artistic way.
"Get in!" I commanded him in a nonchalant way to hide my excitement. He couldn't have guessed it though.
He slouched on my couch & smiled half heartedly at me. "P...." he hesitated as usual, his forehead skin wrinkled into several layers with tense, which was vividly clear. "What happened?" I randomly asked, without much caring about what was troubling him in actual. I really wasn't interested in any dilemma he was facing. I wanted to spend my time with him, I wanted to take things ahead. Only if he gave me a chance to, then it would have been possible.
"First have lunch, then we'll have a talk," I warned him firmly. He gave me an innocent look, his mouth pouted like an angry infant & his dimples were graciously visible. Angels would have been so envious of his cuteness, I thought.
I served him spaghetti with my "M special sauce" which I declared proudly. He gave me a look of disgust when I make that niggling announcement, but I didn't mind. He'd certainly go insane after tasting my dish. Gladly, he didn't complain. He might have liked my dish as I assumed.
After lunch he helped with the dishes, I denied his help though but he insisted way too much.
I took a seat on the sofa close enough next to him, "Yeah, speak it up."
"Do you know what happened to P'Kongpob?"
"Yeah, but why would you want to know?"
"Come on! I'm his brother. He won't tell me as I'm younger. But I want you to tell me."
"If he doesn't, then why would I tell you?"
"You may want to help him. Isn't he your best friend?"
"Yeah-true, I want to help him. Still, how come telling it to you will help him?"
He inched a bit closer to me, his crystal eyes staring directly at mine. He's sharp nose parallel to mine, even his hot breath touched my skin. He softly whispered, "I want to help him."
Still not moving an inch I phrased , "Sure, but on one condition!"
I pressed my eager lips softly on his, his both eyes wide opened with amuse. He was froze for a few seconds, until he realised what just happened and quickly jerked his head away. Idiotically, I rubbed the back of my head with embarrassment. My heart pounding with felicity.
"What was that P?" He demanded angrily, he didn't know that he looked cuter when he's mad.
"I'm sorry." I replied instantly. A tough feeling yelling inside me, "Sorry but not sorry."
"Was that your condition?" he amusingly replied maintaining calmness. The person I knew would have over reacted over such a grave thing. Either he feels the same for me, or he needs my help so badly that he couldn't even express his anger in order to get my help.
"It was the first condition. My conditions ain't over yet!"
He gazed at me shockingly, "I'm afraid of your conditions now. If you're gonna use me like this, & take advantage of my helplessness then it's my bad to ask for your help." His cheeks turned pink.
I didn't want to spoil my image by that trivial silly act. I wanted him to be mine, not by force, but by love. I dared to touch his hands, I squeezed his palms within mine. He wasn't looking straight at me now, I apologetically uttered, "I'm sorry S, I didn't mean to hurt you. I'll help you I swear. Please don't mind for what I did."
"Please.....?" I cried.
He looked at me now.
"Thank you so much!" He put a million dollar smile instantly on his face as he hugged me while thanking me.
"But that doesn't put my conditions to an end. Remember that!"
"P....! First help me to reunite P'Arthit & P'Kongpob then place your conditions. If you fail then your conditions will be invalid! Remember that!" He warned me.
"Done," I announced with over confidence.
*****
I put the water to boil on the kitchen stove to prepare lemon tea for me & S. He stood next to me, watching me prepare it. I started the conversation,
"You know how to cook?"
"No, I don't."
"How come you don't ? I mean your brother cooks so well."
"I don't know, I've never tried. I've always ate outside."
"Me too, even I don't know how to cook. I just learnt cooking today for you, that too by YouTube's favour," he grinned at my comment.
" Actually I left P'Kongpob with P'Arthit last night, when he was unconscious," he finally spoke.
"Then they must be okay, it wouldn't take much for them to settle the matter down. What's the problem now?" I enthusiastically stated.
"I went to P'Kongpob's place this morning. He was completely washed out. He didn't even speak much to me."
"Maybe, he was feeling feverish," I idiotically added.
"You just don't get it, he's my brother. I know him too well & I want him to be happy. He's only happy with P'Arthit," he groaned.
He loved his brother way too much, or he would have ever seek for my help, after all I love him less & annoy him more.
I served the hot tea in the porcelain cup & handed it to him , " I have a master plan."
He turned towards me , his eyes shimmering with hope.
"Do you think that'll work?"
"100% guaranteed!!" I exclaimed.