Sal x Reader-A Grand Piano

This chapter was inspired by Dodie Clark's 'Pas De Deux'.
(Sal P.O.V.)
I heard the piano playing beautifully next door. She opens the window and plays away every morning at exactly 11:00 A.M, so I'm always awake at 10:00 to open my window and listen to her play. 11:15. The daily yelling that comes from the apartment. I can never make out what the words he says. It sounds like a man. He closes the window everyday and yells, and everyday it gets earlier and earlier. I hope she doesn't stop playing all together. She closes the piano, and walks through the door.
The next day,
11:00. Two short minutes of a song played, then the yelling starts up again. The window stayed open today. 'You're way too old for piano now!' He shouted at her. 'I can do whatever I want! Why did you bring that tarp?' She questioned. The man covered her piano and rolled it through the door. She fell to the floor in tears. I couldn't do anything and I felt so bad. A couple minutes later, the man came out of the front door with the piano and a sign saying, 'piano up for grabs, please just take it!' I scowled as I walked out the door to grab that Grand Piano.
After getting the piano inside,
I knocked on the door of my neighbors house, and the girl answered the door. 'Hi! Can I help you?' She said, her eyes red from sobbing with a fake smile plastered on her face. 'I know you lost your piano.' Her fake smile fell to a cowering lip, 'H-how did you know?' Her voice cracked as she was on the brink of tears. 'I listen to your playing every morning. It's beautiful. Come with me.' She nodded and followed me. Tears began streaming down her face when she saw the piano in my foyer. 'Can I...?' She reached out her hand towards the piano. 'Of course.' It was a brown, wooden piano, with tiny yellow-white Christmas lights strung on it.

' It was a brown, wooden piano, with tiny yellow-white Christmas lights strung on it

She played. She played wonderfully. 'I-I'm sorry, I never got your name. Mine's Y/N.' She finally smiled, wiping tears from her cheek. 'I'm Sal. So, if it's not too touchy, who is that man and why did he make you get rid of your piano?' She continued playing, quietly, and answered my question. 'That's my brother. He thinks I'm too old for piano...' She started crying again. I used my thumb to wipe away her tears. 'Does your brother leave for work in the day?' She nodded. 'I'll tell you what; I have a spare room upstairs. I'll put the piano in it, and when your brother leaves for work, you can come and play the piano. What do you think?' She smiled, jumped up from the piano bench, hugged me, and kissed me on the cheek. 'Thank you so much. You have no idea how much this means to me.' I pet her head. 'It's...no problem.' I smiled.

You began coming over to Sal's house every day, and playing the piano. Your brother eventually found out, he was furious! But, you moved in with Sal. You two are now happily married and play the piano together, after you gave him lessons, of course!