What Are We?

Aiden's POV
      "Don't think your slick girl," Lydia says as I we walk to bee front door. Scott and Stiles are waiting in the car for me to get back. I cock a brow at her. "I seen you in your bra hiding in Derek's room." My face heats up at the memory.
    "It was nothing. We got caught up and didn't want one of the boys taking anything too seriously," I tell her. She crosses her arms.
    "If there was something with you guys, you would tell me right?" I roll my eyes.
    "Of course."
    ×××××
     When we get home, mom and dad are sitting down on the couch laughing about something; looking how they used to. They seem to be better as friends than a couple. "There you kids are. And our other kid." Scott waves with a smile.
    We walk in and sit down on the couch in front of them. "How was your flight Mrs. S-"
    "Adrian," she says, correcting him. I wonder why she never changed her last name back. "It was tiring, but very worth it. I haven't seen my two boys in so long." Stiles looks down at his hands.
    "Who's fault is that?" He mumbles under his breath. I turn towards Stiles and pinch the back of his neck. He jumps and slaps my hand away. Our parents chuckle.
   "Can we talk for a minute?" I ask him. Groaning, both Stiles and Scott stand and walk to the kitchen. Their a package deal. I go in and place my hands on my hips. Scott cringes.
     "Why is Derek's scent all over you?" He asks.
    "We were just at his loft, what to you think would happen?" I say, having to think fast. "Stiles, could you stop being a little bitch and enjoy the fact that mom's here, and our parents are getting along. When was the last time this has happened?"
   His knuckles turn white as they clench the counter. "It's her faint it hasn't. No one told her to move far away. We were begging her to stay in town, but she wanted to leave. Leave us...or at least me."
    "Stiles, your taking this a little too far," Scott says. Thank god for you brother from another mother. "When parents divorce, whatever the cause, they need a lot of space. That could be sperate rooms, different houses, different states. Trust me, I know. My dad is in San Francisco and hasn't come into my life in years."
      He relaxes and looks at me. "I'm sorry. Your right that I should just enjoy it."
     ×××××
        "Fuck, you scared me," I gasp when I walk into my room, Derek smiling at me from my bed. "What are you doing here?" I ask.
    "Making sure your okay," he says. I wish I knew where we stood with each other. "And we both said later." My heart beats fast; I hope he isn't paying attention to it.
    "Indeed we did." He takes my hands and pulls me between his legs. I bend down and kiss him, my hands still holding his. My eyes close as I straddle his waist. He wraps his muscular arms completely around me, almost like new claiming me.
      I find myself grinding against him in the chair as our tongues dance with each others. He growls, nearly causing me to moan. "W-we should stop," I say. He rests his forehead against mine. He stands, setting me on the bed and walks to the closet, hiding.  
   The door opens and my mom peeks her head in with a smile. "Nothing has changed in here," she says with a smile. I look around, remembering all my memories in this room. "I just cake to check on you. You seemed off down stairs; like something was wrong. You know you can talk to me about anything right?"
     My shoulders slump. "I think I should go back on my anxiety meds," I tell her. It took so much convincing her to let me get off them, for me to be doing this now is a mystery to her. "Its getting bad again. I just thought you should know, so you don't think you have a pill popping daughter."
    She chuckles. "Well, goodnight. Love you." With that, she closes the door and Derek steps out. He fixes his jacket. 
    "She seems nice," he says. "We should talk, about what's going on between us. Maybe it was just the whole mate thing coming up so sudden, or maybe it was actual feelings for each other, but we can't ignore it." I search his eyes to see if he's telling the truth. His heart beat is regular paced, telling me he's not lying.
     "I just want to know where we stand? Are you just my brothers friend-enemy-trainer thing? My mate? What?" He brushes a strand of hair out of my face.
   "We have no choice about the mate thing, that's chosen for us. In all honestly, I have feelings for you. Genuine ones. Maybe its my own hopes, but you feel the same. One date?" I cock my head to the side, crossing my arms.
    "What happened to Mr. Sourwolf?" I ask with a chuckle. He looks down, still blushing. "I would like that. But we have to keep it on the down low for now. If Stiles or Scott were to find out, they would kill us before the Alpha has a chance to."
    He kisses my forehead before walking to the window. "Tomorrow night, ten o'clock. I'll be outside your window."

AN: Calm chapter. Please comment, it encourages me to keep writing! Share! Stay alive |-/     -Veah