He Came For You

Aiden's POV
       "No," is all I can manage to say after Lydia tells me that. "He's not dead. I was just with him, Lydia. There's no way-"
    "Aiden, the deadpool was created by a banshee. We know when someones dead, and when someone is going to die. His name gave the next list cause he's the next one to die. They boys said not to tell you, but I had too."
    ×××××××
       Derek's POV
       Tears brim my eyes as I look at the women who has supposably been dead for years. "Mother?" I ask. She smiles, setting down her beg and looking closely at me.
    "Derek," she says in a whisper. She wraps her arms around me the best she can. "I'm used to you being a lot smaller." I hug her back, relaxing.
    "You're alive." Her eyes have lines when she smiles, like they always have. "How?"
     "I think we should sit down to discuss this," she says. I slide the door closed and walk towards the couch. "I was in the fire, but for obvious reasons have no sign of that. Your father died although I tried saving him. Last minute, before everything was completely destroyed, I got out."
     I stand up and pace in front of the large window, crossing my arms. "Why didn't you tell me? Why let me think your dead?" I'm expecting her to hesitate with her answer, but she doesn't.
    "We didn't tell you or Cora anything that was happening at the time. Beacon Hills is bad now, but it was horrible then. I knew that leaving here would put peace back in this town. Also, I knew you would turn out fine. Leave this town and settle in some other small city; find a pretty girl and get married. But you're still here. Why is that?"
    "Things aren't good here anymore. If I could I would leave in a heart beat-"
    "And why can't you?" Just as she says that the door opens. Aiden walks in wearing more comfortable clothes than earlier. She closes it and walks over, stopping when she sees my mom stand. "You're the girl from-"
    "The hospital, yeah. And you are?" She asks, shaking my moms hand. I can hear her all too rapid heart beat and feel her anxiety.
    "Talia Hale. Derek's mother." She looks up at me in confusion.
    "What's wrong?" I ask. Something jumps down from the stairs. I turn around and grab the persons arm, swinging them in front of me. His axe skims Aiden's sides as she jumps to the  side. Blood now stains her white tank top. She grand the guy by the neck, giving me town to move in front of him and replace her hand with mine. She moves behind him, pulling him down so be falls to his knees, placing her knee at the small of his back so he can't stand.
     I go to grab one of the knifes on the table, keeping my eyes on his...mouth? He doesn't have a month, exactly why we call him Mute. Aiden falls to the floor, axe sticking out of her aide. He runs towards the window, breaking it.
    I kneel down next to Aiden, ignoring the intense pain its bringing me too. My mom walks out from behind the couch and over to us. I pull the weapon out, throwing it to the side. She sits up, looking me in the eyes. 
    "He was going to kill you," she says, taking deep breath. I grab her hand and pull her up, letting her lean against me. Her skin is pale and she looks like she's going to cry. I brush her hair out of her face.
    "I'm right here; perfectly okay and alive." She shakes her head, looking at my mom for a second.
   "But you won't be." With that, she collapses. I hold her bridal style, carrying her up the stairs. I lay her down on the bed, kissing her forehead before turning and seeing my mom look at us.   
    She reaches up, moving the fabric covering my shoulder to the side so she can see Aiden's mark. I step back and grab a blanket to cover Aiden.
    "You have a mate. It's her isn't it?" She says. I nod, looking down at her. I got so damn lucky with her. "You going to marry her?" She asks, obviously seeing the ring.
    "Yeah."
    ×××××××
                  Aiden's POV
     I shoot awake, looking around frantically. Derek turns the light on and sits up. "Where are we?" I ask.   
     "Upstairs. I don't think it's safe to be down there." I nod, running my hands through my hair. "Why'd you come all of a sudden? Did something happen?" He takes my hand and squeezes it. I blink back tears.
    "Your name is the one that opened the third list," I tell him. He doesn't seem to be surprised at all. "Derek, your gonna die."
    "Everyone is going to eventually. I suspected I'd die sooner than others and I'm okay with that." I sit back up, angrily looking him in the eyes.
    "How can you say that?" I ask, my voice raspy. "You can't die. You literally just proposed to me. We're supposed to get married and-"
    "Have kids, live a life together, I know. And you will one day." He wipes my tears away, kissing my temple. I close my eyes, sobbing into his chest. Why does a few years always turn into a mental breakdown.
    "Lydia hasn't been wrong yet. She knew Allison was going to die, then Erica died. Every time she's been right. Mute came here together to kill you. You can't say we're gonna have a life together when you're not going to be here for it."
    "I didn't say we will one day, I said you will. Maybe it'll be with someone else. You'll fall in love again. I just had to be the one to out the ring on you before anyone else can." I shake my head, still crying. He lays back down, pulling down to his bare chest.

AN: Emotional ending...sorry. Comment your thoughts and share! Stay alive |-/    -Veah