Eating Ice Cream

Jughead sat at his usual booth at pop's with a certain best friend of his. They laughed, talked, and made faces at the other like best friends do. If you looked at them from a far they would seem like two friends hanging out. That's not what they were to each other.

They were in love, and up close you could see the loving looks, and thoughtful eyes. The jokes they made were sure never to hurt the other person. Just playfully kidding around. The two were always like this. Looking more like best friends than lovers. 

"Hey Juggie do you want anything to eat?" Archie asked after a short silence.

"Are you going to get something?" Jughead said answering a question with a question.

"Well ice cream sounds good!" Archie signaling that he wanted an ice cream.

"Me too! What do you want?" Jughead asked.

"Vanilla ice cream with hot fudge!" Archie said.

"I'll have a strawberry milkshake then!" Jughead laughed.

They waved the waiter over so they could order their cold treats. After ordering they started joking around again. Really they never stopped joking. Sarcasm dripping with every word that spilled from his mouth Jughead talked about Reggie Mantle. Archie laughed at his sarcastic comments.

After only a few minutes of waiting Pop Tate walks out of the kitchen with the sundae and shake. He set them down gently and said hi to both of them. Having a small conversation before leaving the two boys alone with the sweet frozen cream. 

Jughead sparingly drank from the frosty cup, and Archie wolfed down his ice cream. Then they switched almost on queue. Jughead tryed the cold ice cream with the warm fudge. While Archie tasted the fruit flavored cold drink. Switching back after a taste. Almost just to make sure that it was good enough for the other. Which it had to be, Pop made it.

Finishing a few minutes later they both pushed their dirty dishes forwards, like giving up or surrendering to their full stomachs. It was almost laughable how much they ate and drank together. It was also pretty amazing that two high school students could eat a gallon of the cold treat.

If Fred were here he would definitely yell at them, and make them work it off. Luckily he wasn't here and they didn't have to worry about him this second. The waiter came back with the check that Archie insisted on paying. Jughead didn't care seeing as he didn't have any money. Archie got his change back, and Jughead packed his stuff in his bag.

They left they perfect booth that they had occupied for at least an hour and a half. The two started their short journey home. Hands intertwined as they reached the door. Jughead's hand fit perfectly in Archie's. They were the cutest couple in Riverdale even if some people didn't know it. 

Jughead started living with his dad again. Which depending how you look at it that's a good or a bad thing, but Archie didn't share his opinions because Jug would be mad at him. Archie couldn't let that happen. 

Once they reached the trailer they shared a short sweet kiss. It tasted like chocolate covered strawberries, and that taste stuck with both of them as they went home. Jughead loved Archie, and Archie loved Jughead. Sometimes that's all you need in life is love.