Gazing Into Each Others Eyes

Jughead felt eyes staring at him. Almost as if they were burning holes in the back of his skull. He didn't dare look at them. I mean he had no reason to. They were doing no harm by looking at him.

It just felt right to look. And that he did. He turned to see a red head looking at him. When he looked into his eyes the boy flushed red, and turned away. Jughead didn't know what to think of this strange interaction.

"Ok! I will assign groups for our newest project!" Mrs. Trolley said. "Maria and Geo. Reggie and Kelly. Betty and Veronica. Kurt and Ram (reference). Veronica and Jason (ooh, another). Evan and Connor(wowie a third!). Alexander and Tomas (I should go home). Jughead and Archie..." They both stopped listening after that. Wondering who their partner was. They knew almost everyone in the class. Then their eyes met. 

Green eyes met light brown (or hazel I can not remember for the life of me?). As if they'd know each other for years they walked up to each other.

Archie's p.o.v.

Ok so I'm pretty sure the boy who I was staring at just a minute ago is my partner. Which is super awkward because what if he thought it was weird. 

"Are you Archie?" He asked me. 

"Yes are you Jughead?" He nodded.

We sat down in the corner of the room away from everybody else.  As the teacher yelled at the groups for making out or not doing work, in the corner sat us quietly and doing our work. 

We were done in a matter of ten minutes so we decided to chat for the remainder of our time. It started out normal, but then I asked the stupid question.

"Are you dating anyone?" I mentally face palmed at my stupidness.

"No, are you?" 

"Nope, I was wondering if, maybe possibly, we could I don't know, like hang no, go out well not if you don't want t-" I was immediately cut off by four words I would never forget hearing.

"I would love to." He smiled so big I thought he would burst open.

We didn't say anything for a while. Just looked into each other's eyes. It was like my whole world had gotten so much brighter. Like nothing else existed for the last moments of the class. It was only me and him. 

The prettiest boy I had ever seen in my entire life. We just looked at each other. Never wanting to leave.

"The end." I said. Gianna looked at me with her big brown eyes smiling. 

"That's how you and dad met?" 

"Yup that's how we met a long, long time ago." She beamed as she put her head down on the pillow. 

"Good night, Gianna." I went tucked her into her bed, but before I put the covers over her she swung her arms around my neck, and demanded to go she her other dad. I obliged to her request. 

Picking her up I went down the steps to see Jughead typing away at his latest novel. When he heard my footsteps he stopped and turned around.

"There's my little pumpkin!" He stood up, and took the three year old from my arms. He spun her around and gave her a kiss on the nose. She giggled at his antics. 

"Can you read me your book sometime?" She asked still a little giggly.

"Yes. I presume you didn't come down here just to ask me to read to you on a later date." He said putting her back in my awaiting arms. 

"No, I just wanted to say goodnight!" She squeezed my neck and shoulders.

"In that case goodnight, pumpkin. See you in the morning." He said and gave her a kiss on the forehead.

"Where's mine?" I tried to sound offended, but just came out as a laughing mess. He gave me a peck on the lips and sent me off to tuck the princess back into bed.

I tan back up the stairs, and into her teal room. I carefully avoided the stuffed animals scattered across the bedroom floor. Going to tuck her in once more. She laid back down snuggling into the blankets over top of her.

"Goodnight, daddy!" She squealed.

"Goodnight, princess!"  I closed the door after saying that so no light would get into her room. I snuck back downstairs only to find it dark. Headi back upstairs this time to my room. Inside was my lovely husband. In his boxers throwing covers over himself. 

I took off my regular clothes so I was only in my boxers. I threw my arm over him, and pulled him close. He maneuvered himself so he was faceing me. He put his lips on mine. 

We had always been the perfect couple, but now I realize we are the perfect family.