Arguing

Jughead walked through the halls of Riverdale high school. When he was almost out the doors he felt a hand grabbed his collar. He was pulled back inside the school. Away from Archie who was waiting under the oak tree.

Like a mouse caught in a trap that snapped shut, he felt lips on his own. Pressing their tongue against his lips. Begging to be let in. Jughead tried to fight the force that was on his lips. The thing he didn't want. This wasn't Archie. It was someone with no moral compass. Someone who was trying to ruin his life. A person who would do anything to see him suffer.  

He felt hands snake around his waist, pulling him closer. Closer to Reggie Mantle. Jughead placed his hands on Reggie's chest trying to push him away. This was only successfulin making it look more like a make out session.

So, when Archie walked through the door only to find Jughead with his back against a wall kissing someone else. It was like all the air conditioners stopped, and the tension in the room was thick enough to cut with a knife. 

All of a sudden Reggie smirked, and pulled away from the one-sided kiss. In that moment Jughead sunk to the floor. Head in his hands. Near tears. Nothing could have been worse. Without even looking he knew Archie was there. He knew what it looked like. 

"Jughead! I thought you said, you broke up with him!" Reggie tried to make himself look innocent...and it worked.

"Jughead. How could you?" Archie asked. First hurt and then anger filled his voice. It was like the world had turned against him that day.

"I-its not..." Jughead stuttered before getting interrupted.

"I think it's exactly what it looks like!" Archie practically screamed at Jughead. Not once did the thought cross his mind that Reggie forcefully kissed him. 

"Archie... please..." Jughead had tears steaming down his face now. He couldn't hold back the waterworks in his eyes. 

"Don't cry you little slut. You dont deserve forgiveness!" Reggie yelled. Jughead flinched at his words. Archie even took a step away from him.

"I hope it was worth it, Jug." Archie stormed off. Not even a glance back. Nothing would make him see the truth. Nothing would have stopped Jughead from running after him, except Reggie. He picked him up by his neck. Firmly pressing him against the wall.

"Your mine now. This is what you get for taking Archie away from me!" A laugh followed the sentence. A laugh even the Joker would cower to. A laugh that made Jughead cry even harder.

Archie was walking home to clear his head. It wasn't every day you got betrayed by the person you loved the most. A person you thought loved you. I guess he didn't. He called the only person he could think would help him in this situation. Betty.

"Hey, Arch, what's up?" Betty wondered.

"Umm, so I caught Jughead kissing Reggie behind my back. I just don't know what to do..." 

"That doesn't seem like Jughead at all." 

"I know it doesn't."

"So... was it Jughead kissing Reggie, or was it Reggie kissing a non-consenting Jughead to get under your skin?" Betty tried to tell him that maybe this was all a huge misunderstanding. (It was at this moment Archie knew... he f**ked up.)

He thought about it as Betty talked about Veronica. How they were doing just fine. Then she said about he should just talk to Jughead about it. Then they said their goodbyes and hung up.