Dancing

Archie was a great dancer. He's in the most advanced class of partnering. All the girls always wanted to be his partner. Then one day a boy came in one day. Surprisingly there weren't many girls in the class, but Ms. Petrine said he was one of the best.

When she said to pick partners the two boys were huddled by everyone. Suddenly Archie asked Jughead to be his partner. Blushing he said yes. All the girls sighed, and walked to all the other guys in the room.

Archie took his hands in Jughead's, and lead him to the stage. Ms. Petrine told them what she wanted them to do. The questions and nods filled the room. They all made their way back to their spots. 

Twists and turns filled the dance floor. Tricks were pulled from imaginary hats and sleeves. They always seemed so natural they way they were thrown in the air and caught. Not a single person out of place. Everyone doing their part in making this the best performance they put on even though there was nobody in the seats yet.

Then at the end Archie dipped Jughead in the front of the stage. Right in the middle. All the girls and guys gushed over how cute they looked together. This was a very special performance. It was for a charity. All the proceeds go to this charity which only Ms. Petrine knew. 

It was a surprise. Archie was excited to be Jughead's partner. Little did everyone know why Archie was so excited to be this boys partner. There was no mistake that they looked cute together because they were a couple. Not that they planned on telling anybody. However what Jughead didn't know couldn't kill him.

~~~later that week~~~

Everyone got on stage without a hitch. In their places everyone waited for their song, and looked at their partners as if to say good luck. Or maybe don't drop me, please. Either or they were communicating silently.  

The lights grew brighter and the music turned on. It was beautiful. The lovely piano filling the air. The words of love a sweet melody across the room. Everyone clapped at the tosses. When Brad threw Jessica and Justin caught her. It was like a magic show. Only they weren't magicians. They were just people with a burning passion for dance.

The end of the song was coming, and Jughead felt an arm wrap around his waist. Leaning into Archie's arm something unexpected happened. He felt lips on his. The soft and sweet lips that belonged to none other than Archie. 

Everyone in the crowd and on stage were surprised. They were glad, and they didn't have to deal with Archie's constant complaining about when Jughead wasn't there.

They walked off stage, and the whole team hugged them. It was beautiful. Not as beautiful as the dance. Everyone was very excepting of their sexualitys. Some even shared their boyfrien and girlfriends names, and that they were sitting in the audience right now. 

For this the two were very greatful for. Nothing could ever change the way everyone looked at them,  it now they can proudly call themselves boyfriends.