Chapter 9

Back to reality again.

After all that fun yesterday, Kihyun went back to working in the company and I faced my books and notes again.

"Ya, why do you look so down?" Honey asked me.

We were both sitting inside the café with our books and notes since we decided we could establish a good study habit if we study out.

Channy is supposed to be with us but he attended a seminar required in his club in the university.

"I think I miss Kihyun."

"What?! Don't you hate him just a few days ago?"

"I don't really hate him but, I feel like I have the need or the task to get closer with him. I feel like I need to do that before time runs out."

"Before the real Jungri arrives?"

"Ne. Spending the time with Kihyun yesterday made me realize that he's also a normal guy who gets stressed and needs to unwind."

"So you felt like you have this responsibility over him?"

"Eo. Since he already did a lot for me."

"Aigoo. You're starting to act like a real wife, huh."

"N-No. I'm not. I just want to be a friend to him."

"Why don't you go out often? Ask him."

"I'd love to but I'm afraid he'll just reject me."

"There's no harm in trying. Considering that you have already gotten used to his treatment towards you."

Honey is right.

I shouldn't be afraid of anything now. I'm used to his attitude towards me.

"I'll see what I can do." I said.

I then focused on my study materials and continued to study where I left off before my mind drifted away.

I then received a message.

Annyeong! Is this Sohee? It's me. Minhyuk. Are you free today?

"Lee Minhyuk?!"

"Ya, what happened?"

"M-Minhyuk sent me a message, asking if I'm free today."

"The guy in Palawan?"

"Ne. I wonder where he got-"

A message popped up before I could finish what I was about to say.

I gave your number to that jerk, in case you're wondering. He kept on bugging me since this morning. I can't concentrate on my work. So please, fix things with him. I meant you tell him the truth already.

Jerk?

I chuckled.

He really hates Minhyuk.

But how am I supposed to tell him the truth?! I now realized the burden of seeing Minhyuk again. My game of pretense will have to go on.

"Just say you'll meet him. But later. We have to finish this." Honey said.

I replied to Minhyuk's message and told him that I will go and meet with him.

I also sent Kihyun a message that I will meet up with Minhyuk. And he replied:

I think that jerk likes you. If he makes a move on you, tell him you're a married woman.

What is he worried about?

Minhyuk is not that kind of guy. But should I really tell him the truth? I'm scared of how will he react.