Chapter 40

Sohee pov

A week had passed and I am now able to get back to my work without any worries. I have cleared my name with the help of my bosses.

As for Jungri, Hyungwon oppa served as her lawyer. I understood why he took the role so I accepted it. I wanted to teach Jungri a lesson so I went on and filed a case against her.

Although they could not prevent her from being imprisoned, they were able to lessen the time she needs to spend inside and I am fine with that as long as she realize her wrong doings.

She only had to stay for half a year.

I don't regret filing a case against her. I may look like someone who didn't care about the family who took care of me, but they all agreed to let Jungri spend six months inside the jail.

But that doesn't mean that they don't care about her. Eomma actually rejected the idea of sending her to jail. She even cried.

But appa agreed and said that Jungri is stubborn like a rock so we needed a stronger resolution if we want her to change. She did exceed her limit when she tried to harm me so she deserve some punishment.

Right after work, I decided to visit my real mom and Junhee. I bought food from a restaurant and brought it to them. It's been so long since I last visited them.

"Eommaaa!" I screamed as soon as she opened the door for me.

"My daughter! I miss you!" We then hugged each other.

"I miss you too, eomma!"

"Eonnie, is that food?" Junhee appeared behind eomma.

"Ya, do you only care about the food? You don't miss me?"

He then laughed.

"I was just joking. Of course I miss you." He then went to me and hugged me.

He took the food from me and served it on the table.

"Eomma, how are your treatments in the hospital?"

"Good. I feel I'm getting a lot better now." She smiled.

"I'm glad to know that. Are you going to your doctor for your weekly check up?"

"Of course. Junhee even go to the hospital with me."

Junhee then showed a boastful face.

"Aigoo. What a good son you are." I chuckled.

"I am always a good son, you know."

Laughter filled our dinner as we talk about funny things and reminiscing how we used to be when we were kids.

I missed spending time with them.

I better make it up to them when I have the time.

--

I stayed in our house for the night so I had to commute, two buses to be exact until I get to work.

I was late for an hour.

I guess I ate too much last night because it gave me a hard time to sleep.

Or maybe I just missed my bed that much.

When I got to work, I received a phone call from Hyunwon oppa.

"Do you have time later this afternoon?" he asked.

"I get off work at five. Why is it?"

"Jungri wants to speak with you."

Did she realize her mistake?