Chapter 29

Sohee pov

Twenty-one..

Twenty-two..

Twenty-three..

Twenty-four..

Twenty-five..

Twenty-five. It has been twenty-months since I last saw Kihyun and my family.

I miss them all.

"Sofia, are you sure about resigning next month?" My co-worker Krystal asked in English.

Yes. Sofia is my English name. Others call me Sofie, Sofia, or Sohee for my Korean friends.

I have been accustomed into using English here at work. Not only here, but in my daily life. I have Korean neighbors but we rarely talk to each other.

I can say that I'm fluent in English right now.

But aside from it, I also learned French.

"I am not resigning. I asked for relocation in South Korea. Fortunately, Ms. Weng approved my request."

"Oh right. It has been a year since you started working here. Good for you, you'll be back home."

"I miss everyone at home."

"Sofiaaaa!" I turned around and saw my other co-worker, Amber, running towards us.

"What are you hurrying about?" I asked.

"I have some good news for you."

"What is it?"

"You got promoted!!!" She yelled as she shook a piece of paper up.

"WHAT?!" My eyes widened. I grabbed the piece of paper from her and read what's written.

"I hereby declare Miss Sofia Kim as the new Operations Manager in our branch in Seoul, South Korea." I read it aloud.

"Oh my God! Is this true?!" I said.

"Yes dear! The big bosses deliberated this topic earlier this morning when the news that the operations manager in Seoul is about to resign. When they found out that you asked for relocation, they checked your credentials and decided to promote you for your good records!" Amber said.

"That's so amazing! Congratulations, friend!" Krystal hugged me.

"Congratulations, Sofieee!!" Amber hugged me too.

I can't believe this!

This is a very wonderful blessing and I am very thankful for it.

I then went to my administrator and asked about this sudden promotion.

"Congratulations! The big bosses really like your achievements and contributions for the company. You deserve it." She said.

"Omg, thank you so much!" I said as hugged her.

"Just wait and the big bosses will call for you anytime from now."

"Yes, Ms. Weng. Thank you."

I am so happy and I can't wait to tell my mom and Junhee.

As soon as I arrived home, I called them and had a video call.

"Eomma! Guess what?"

"You look so happy. What is it?"

"I got promoted! And I will be relocated in Seoul!!"

"Really?! Congratulations, my daughter!"

"I'm happy for you, noona!"