Chapter 12

...

...

...

Silence lingered in the hallway.

Honey and Channy were in the doorway of our classroom with their eyes wide open.

Minhyuk suddenly laughed.

"What are you talking about? You married your sister? Isn't that incest?" He said in between of his laugh. "What a joke."

"I am not joking, tho." Kihyun said with a poker face.

Minhyuk's laugh suddenly disappeared and he looked at Kihyun straight in the eyes.

I feel like electricity is flowing through their eyes.

I want to say something but I'm afraid I might say something not good although I know that I started this all. I am surprised by Kihyun's sudden confession about our real relationship.

"Aren't you going too far just to protect your sister from me? I swear I'm not a bad guy, Kihyun-ssi."

"First of all, I don't think you're a bad guy and secondly, I am just protecting my wife from you."

Minhyuk laughed again. He massaged his chin before placing his hands inside his pockets.

"Sohee-ssi,"

He looked at me.

"N-Ne?"

I gulped.

"What is your brother saying?"

I have to tell him now.

"I'm so sorry, Minhyuk-ssi."

He didn't utter a word and he just looked at me.

Minhyuk then let out a heavy sigh after staying silent for a few seconds.

"So you two are really married?"

I nodded.

"I told you I was with my brother because--"

Wait. Should I really say it?

That I told him Kihyun is my brother because we're supposed to have our honeymoon but he chose to work instead?

Won't that put us both in a negative situation?

"I asked her not to tell everyone that we're married."

My eyes widened.

"Kihyun! What are you--"

"So don't blame her if she lied to you. It was me who pushed her to do that."

What is he doing?!

"Kurae? But she still lied to me."

"I am so sorry." I said.

"I'll get going now." Minhyuk then walked away.

"Kihyun, you didn't have to say that. It was my own choice to lie to him."

"And you're gonna tell him the truth? It will only hint that--"

He then glanced at Honey and Channy in the doorway of our classroom. He walked closer to me and he whispered.

"It will only hint him that we just married out of business."

He's right.

"But isn't arranged marriage normal for rich people?"

"Pabo."

"What? It's true."

"If he finds out the truth, he'll try to take you away from me."